Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tones VX SS Mod Thread

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
I can't believe how well my cars paint is holding up. I mean don't get me wrong it's filthy. But from 10 meters away it still looks kinda shiny.
It's been 6 weeks now without a wash (which kinda stresses me out), but the wash before the last was before the hospital I gave it a paint protection treatment, and the last wash I just used some Aquawax. Maybe some of these products are nearly as good as they say they are................

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
I can't believe how well my cars paint is holding up. I mean don't get me wrong it's filthy. But from 10 meters away it still looks kinda shiny.
It's been 6 weeks now without a wash (which kinda stresses me out), but the wash before the last was before the hospital I gave it a paint protection treatment, and the last wash I just used some Aquawax. Maybe some of these products are nearly as good as they say they are................

Thats the good thing about white, might not be a head turning colour like black or tiger mica etc but it stands up to the weather very well even after 12 years, easy to touch up and easy to maintain. Ive been using this product:
Autobrite Warrior...lasts for up to 10 washes and the water/dirt just sheets off. Leaves a brilliant reflective shine even on white. Easy to apply and buff off also. Can put it over everything, rubber, glass etc no masking off black bits...
CAR Polish Warrior Paint Sealant High Gloss CAR WAX Protective Shield 250ml | eBay

Ive nearly run out but am going to search to see if i can get it from the manufacturer (Autobrite) for less than ebay store. On ebay type in" ptfe car polish sealant" and quite a few similar products pop up.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
PTFE in a polish ! Now there's something interesting.
Saw it described once as the slipperiest thing ever made.
Comes in an engine treatment too.

Note to TONES re injury. I can understand your frustration. Have been crook for years now.

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Thats the good thing about white, might not be a head turning colour like black or tiger mica etc but it stands up to the weather very well even after 12 years, easy to touch up and easy to maintain. Ive been using this product:
Autobrite Warrior...lasts for up to 10 washes and the water/dirt just sheets off. Leaves a brilliant reflective shine even on white. Easy to apply and buff off also. Can put it over everything, rubber, glass etc no masking off black bits...
CAR Polish Warrior Paint Sealant High Gloss CAR WAX Protective Shield 250ml | eBay

Ive nearly run out but am going to search to see if i can get it from the manufacturer (Autobrite) for less than ebay store. On ebay type in" ptfe car polish sealant" and quite a few similar products pop up.

I'll check it out Kanga.
I have been using alot of Duragloss products from one of the site's sponsors. They seem to have some good gear, and heaps of good advice, But I am always open to try something different.
I didn't purposely buy a white car, but I am now quite thankful that I did.

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Note to TONES re injury. I can understand your frustration. Have been crook for years now.

I'm sorry to hear that Commo Baba, I'm quite lucky that I have only had the injury for a couple of years, and now I've had surgery to fix it. I'm getting better every day (well, most days. Some days i tend to go backwards.) And the end is in sight for me. Just have to be careful for the next few weeks, and when I'm in Bali, and I'm told I'll be back to 75-95% of where I was pre Injury.
I wish you all the best.

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Might be in for a lucky day? or Unlucky?
77777_zps48276fbe.jpg

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Had a brief shower here this morning, and as I was only going on about the paintwork yesterday, I thought I would post some pics of my lovely beads...............

Beads2_zps2782f7ae.jpg

Beads1_zpsd156e31a.jpg

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
I saw this posted somewhere, it may have even been on here.

I have since managed to find out where, It must have been one of uniacidz's Posts. Big reps to uniacidz.

I'm not sure how it is possible, but always keeps happening.....
IMG_0635_zpsb70f609e.jpg

Last edited: