Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSVR Sportwagon MY17

melonchological

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline Wagon
Thanks all, any extra tips while it all goes through would be massively appreciated, compiling list of accessories as we type. Already Mats and Smoke bonnet protector included. 20" rims from factory. Any other go too's???

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
I have a little bit of time, theyre offering 5 years extra warranty (8 total) for $2100 seems pretty decent. Plus tint, fusion paint protect (life time warranty) plus leather protect for 1500 bucks. I know it's all a rip off in theory however seems decent?? Am I just purchase high??
When you say "they're offering 5yrs extra wtty for $2100" I assume you mean a manufacturers warranty and not one of those pseudo Dealership ones?
Asking because I didn't realise you could go an extra 5yrs - I'm getting the additional 3 yr manufacturer wtty (6yrs total) for about the $2k from memory - so if yours goes to 8yrs for the same coin then you have done well!

melonchological

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline Wagon
When you say "they're offering 5yrs extra wtty for $2100" I assume you mean a manufacturers warranty and not one of those pseudo Dealership ones?
Asking because I didn't realise you could go an extra 5yrs - I'm getting the additional 3 yr manufacturer wtty (6yrs total) for about the $2k from memory - so if yours goes to 8yrs for the same coin then you have done well!
I'm in the military so they gave me commercial price on warranty. I believe it's not holden after the standard 3 years but the company they use. Same policy exactly though I was told (by the sales guy)

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I'm in the military so they gave me commercial price on warranty. I believe it's not holden after the standard 3 years but the company they use. Same policy exactly though I was told (by the sales guy)

If it's not an extension of the genuine Holden factory warranty then run don't walk.

You want to get yourself a copy of that warranty before you sign up and ask the dealer can you have it for a few days before you make a decision so you can first sit down and have a really good read of the do's and don'ts as most ain't worth the paper their written on.

They're considered an insurance company rip-off and for good reason because that is exactly what they are.

I too would also spend my protection money on a third party who will do a better job with better products.

Last edited:

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
I would be very wary...you need to find out what the warranty DOESN'T cover & don't rely on the sales guy to know. As Panhead has said, ask for a copy & scrutinise or first up ask to speak to someone much higher up to confirm what you think it is. I doubt it is the same as the factory warranty which of course would cover all parts & labour in the event of an issue 7years & 11months down the track.
If it's not the same & you want to spend the $2k, get the extended Holden factory wtty - will only take you to 6yrs but that's still twice the standard warranty and peace of mind if anything breaks.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Sorry for the hijack, but relevant to the thread.
For anyone who has purchased the +3 factory warranty:
Did you do it straight up or down the track? Holden wrote to me a couple of times with my VF2 Redline, offering this;
I'm considering whether to get this for my Motorsport? In which, I'll be lucky to do 3,000k a year I reckon.
Thoughts on the extended factory warranty on a car that will do a total of ~10-20kk in 6 years?
Cheers

Last edited:

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
Hey OP - Sorry for the hijack, but relevant to your thread.
For anyone who has purchased the +3 factory warranty:
Did you do it straight up or down the track? Holden wrote to me a couple of times with my VF2 Redline, offering this;
I'm considering whether to get this for my Motorsport? In which, I'll be lucky to do 3,000k a year I reckon.
Thoughts on the extended factory warranty on a car that will do a total of ~10-20kk in 6 years?
Cheers

Cuda if its a genuine Holden warranty and can afford it, id do it. Theres nothing like 5 yrs peace of mind. My series 2 was a Feb 2017 build and when i bought it all the stars were aligned cos Holden were doing that whole extended 2years extra to make it 5, so i was lucky. I like that idea as ive got the Walky w407, which means Walky have to cover me until 2021

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Cuda if its a genuine Holden warranty and can afford it, id do it. Theres nothing like 5 yrs peace of mind. My series 2 was a Feb 2017 build and when i bought it all the stars were aligned cos Holden were doing that whole extended 2years extra to make it 5, so i was lucky. I like that idea as ive got the Walky w407, which means Walky have to cover me until 2021
Thanks LS3 304. I probably will buy the +3.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks LS3 304. I probably will buy the +3.
Yeah Cuda, I would think the 5yr wtty that LS3 is talking about would be the special offer from time to time at no extra cost - I don't think they are offering that at this stage for the Commodore - we got it with a Black Ed SV6 ute last year, but current EOFY offers don't extend to the Dore - no surprise there I guess.
The 6yr wtty I refer to above: I added the 3yr extended on purchase (have only paid a deposit so far because car not due til mid July) but yes included the additional $2k (approx) on order as I was confident there would be no free 5yr wtty this close to closing.
Yes, Holden will still offer you extensions of various periods 1/2/3yrs for a price AFTER purchase but a better deal if you include it as part of the original deal.