Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VIC: RECOVERED: MY17 SSV Redline Sportwagon AMG156 - Monash University, Clayton, VIC

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Eventually it won't matter, the day will come when a thief just says, 'Beam me up Scotty' and poof, your car is gone.
… or Scotty gets a thief beamed up him, which ain’t great for Scotty …

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
When people (it's usually not one) come into your house to take the car you may think differently.
Yeah a mate was living in Newtown in the 90’s, the car keys were on the table beside the couch where he was crashed out … he’s often wondered how badly it might’ve gine for him had he woken up.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
I read something similar on Facebook today, but in the case I read the car wasn’t actually stolen as the owner disturbed the thieves and they drove off in another car (which was also a VF). He mentioned that they ripped the wheel liner on the driver’s side (I’m not 100% on if it was the driver’s side or the passenger side?) trying to access something.

It does raise some concern that some sort of weakness of vulnerable exists in that area. One person speculated that it might have been a form of the old short-the-indicator-out-to-disable-the-alarm trick? Who knows, but there seems to be several accounts of this happening.
so i saw the pics, they had hacked at the front of the wheel liner on the drivers front wheel, made a mess of it. There is a spare connector that just sits there not being used, so unless this is something to be or concern.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
so i saw the pics, they had hacked at the front of the wheel liner on the drivers front wheel, made a mess of it. There is a spare connector that just sits there not being used, so unless this is something to be or concern.
I've just had that area apart, upgrading the horn on the Magnum. Didn't notice a spare connector.
All I saw was the horn harness, DRL harness and the harness that goes to the RH headlight assembly.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
I've just had that area apart, upgrading the horn on the Magnum. Didn't notice a spare connector.
All I saw was the horn harness, DRL harness and the harness that goes to the RH headlight assembly.
not to side track off topic, but how did you do the extra horn? i have the horns ready to go and one spare loom but havent done it yet to any of my VF2's

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
club lock master key :p
View attachment 256721
jokes aside, you can buy lock picking tools that are amazingly fast and easy to use like this

[/URL]

the lockpickinglawyer has many videos on how to defeat all sorts of locks

That's a very simple way to attempt to open a very simple lock that has been poorly made. It relies on - well, I guess everyone on here knows.
My wife thinks I am a gun locksmith because whenever she goes away on holidays, she brings me her collection of suitcase locks to find her forgotten pin number. I explain these "locks" are no better than the case's own latch (except of course, to keep my wife out of her own suitaces!

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Well had the cops knocking on the door the other day

Group of oxygen thief's had tried to break into 6 cars on my street, and some neighbours round the corner came outside to them under their new dual cab chopping out the Cats with portable grinders.

Not smart enough to get the cars, but the group was a young kid, adolescent and an older guy. So older likely bloke knows the younger 2 probably wouldn't face any repercussions

My VF's now locked up in the shed nightly rather than just secured in the driveway....

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well had the cops knocking on the door the other day

Group of oxygen thief's had tried to break into 6 cars on my street, and some neighbours round the corner came outside to them under their new dual cab chopping out the Cats with portable grinders.

Not smart enough to get the cars, but the group was a young kid, adolescent and an older guy. So older likely bloke knows the younger 2 probably wouldn't face any repercussions

My VF's now locked up in the shed nightly rather than just secured in the driveway....
where in adelaide was this?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
some neighbours round the corner came outside to them under their new dual cab chopping out the Cats with portable grinders
And here’s me thinking that those pneumatic suspension systems, where the car can lie on the ground when parked, was a stupid idea… Seems not so…

Maybe such suspension is even better with a mic and some software logic added… When these oxygen thieves try and cut cats out of the car using a grinder, when parked, the car hears the noise and lowers itself onto the ground… no more oxygen being stolen…

OK not serious but such situations where adults are grooming children for criminal activity should be a crime in itself. There needs to be some serious punishment involved with such criminality (adults misdirecting youth into crime) :mad: