Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSVR Sportwagon MY17

Redlinewagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 - SSV Redline Sportwagon
For 2k, I think I might add the 3 year warranty & kms as well. It's going to be a daily, so probably worth it ?

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yeah thanks H17. I was thinking it would be a waste of $2k, given my planned use. But my crystal ball is starting to cloud over, so I reckon I'll stop being a TAHO and take up the +3Y.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
I just re-checked 'build & price' on Holden site.

I got the additional 3yrs or 100 000km from new for $2060

But there is also additional 3yrs or 175 000km from new for $2645.

My 8.5 yr old VE has only just ticked over 100 000km so there is no way that I'll exceed the 100 000 in 6 yrs considering we will now have 3 Commodores and there is only 2 of us at home.

So yeah anyone doing the bigger k's would need to fork out $2645 to go to 6 yrs.

melonchological

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline Wagon
If it's not an extension of the genuine Holden factory warranty then run don't walk.

You want to get yourself a copy of that warranty before you sign up and ask the dealer can you have it for a few days before you make a decision so you can first sit down and have a really good read of the do's and don'ts as most ain't worth the paper their written on.

Their considered an insurance company rip-off and for good reason because that is exactly what they are.

I too would also spend my protection money on a third party who will do a better job with better products.

Cheers bud. Will mull over some options this weekend.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Sorry for the hijack, but relevant to the thread.
For anyone who has purchased the +3 factory warranty:
Did you do it straight up or down the track? Holden wrote to me a couple of times with my VF2 Redline, offering this;
I'm considering whether to get this for my Motorsport? In which, I'll be lucky to do 3,000k a year I reckon.
Thoughts on the extended factory warranty on a car that will do a total of ~10-20kk in 6 years?
Cheers

My dealer told me that I have 1year after delivery to get the extended factory warranty.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
My dealer told me that I have 1year after delivery to get the extended factory warranty.
Yes that is true...Holden will send an offer in the mail, but from memory I think it may not work out as cheap, comparatively speaking year by year & not sure you eventually can total 6yrs??
Ie overall I don't think it is quite as good all round...I'm pretty sure I've kept that paperwork in the past so I will try & dig it out.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes that is true...Holden will send an offer in the mail, but from memory I think it may not work out as cheap, comparatively speaking year by year & not sure you eventually can total 6yrs??
Ie overall I don't think it is quite as good all round...I'm pretty sure I've kept that paperwork in the past so I will try & dig it out.
Found what I was looking for - a single A4 sheet with the finance managers business card stapled to the corner; so it was in the paperwork folder they gave us when we bought the SV6 ute mid last year. It's the 'Holden Extended Factory Warranty' and has a 'Warranty Period' table on it that applies to all Holden/HSV vehicles.

The finance manager never spoke to me about it but highlighted in the table is

"12months/150 000kms = $1745 if vehicle is <12mths&15 000kms" and "$1910 if >12mths&15000kms"

(The table offers up to 36mths/175 000kms = $2555 or $2865 relative to the above figures but these longer periods were obviously not being offered to me)

I assume she only highlighted the 12mths for me because I already was getting the freebie 5yr wtty as a special offer with the vehicle. It seems you won't get a factory wtty from Holden for longer than 6 yrs evidenced by when I tried to extend the roadside assistance on my VE at 6yrs a few years back & Holden said they wouldn't - had to go with RACQ but was similar money.

Anyway these figures are all higher than the $2060 you pay for the 6yr/100000km if you select that first up as part of the sale - so do it before not after you buy the car to save some coin.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I bought a three year extended manufacturer's warranty from Holden after picking up my used 2014 GTS last year. So.... as long as it's still under warranty you can extended it.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks Panhead, so long as people understand that is the Dealer wtty which as we are saying has lots of holes in it as opposed to the Manufacturer wtty.

When we bought our VE2 ute about 6 yrs ago, after we did the deal the salesman then made a big fuss about how they were throwing in their 5yr Dealer wtty at no extra cost - to give him credit at least he wasn't using it as a negotiation lever.
I knew exactly what it was, so just said gee thanks & went on our way.
I used a local mechanic mate at the time & so over the next couple of years I kept on getting phone calls from the Dealer's service centre saying my 'valuable Dealer warranty' was in jeopardy unless I came in to have it serviced - just their way of trying to keep you coming back for overpriced services as this was all prior to price capped servicing.