Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

More Proof Holden Hates Commodore

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon

MOIRAE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII 6.2LS3 Calais
Commodore name should die with the last model.

There should never be a front wheel drive Commodore.

Blasphemy.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Yep, says it all really - all about being more trendy, more feminine, more gay....and how I detest being told by marketers that I should be as well!! And, because I don't want to be more fashionable, more feminine more gay, then I must be a bogan - so be it, I've never been prouder to be called one if what I drive has to define me.

Strange world where my Mrs who after 30+ years of marriage has had a growing love for the Commodore & Bathurst since we bought her a VE2 ute 6 yrs ago - she must be more masculine than much of the male population - now I am confused!

One day guys might wake up to the realisation they have been brain washed by the marketing & come to realise what they are missing. Like a mate of mine who is into SUVs (bigger the SUV, the better it must be type - never goes off road) ....just last Friday he was given a loan of a 2010 Camaro to chauffeur his son & date to the mid year Formal....he still can't wipe the smile off his face & now he's searching car sales for Camaros, noticing the abundance of new Mustangs on the highway when he went for a drive on Sunday and has suddenly taken a huge interest in the SS wagon I'm waiting on where previously he just didn't get why I would be buying such a car.

Rant over...

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I agree, Holden did need to reposition itself in the market and gain some credibility back. But not due to toranas, monaros, utes, commodores and Bathurst. No, that's a proud history. It's due to the appalling Daewoo crap it's been pedalling. That's what has destroyed trust, and damaged the brand.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
I agree, Holden did need to reposition itself in the market and gain some credibility back. But not due to toranas, monaros, utes, commodores and Bathurst. No, that's a proud history. It's due to the appalling Daewoo crap it's been pedalling. That's what has destroyed trust, and damaged the brand.
Very true Cuda..after all it certainly wasn't the Commodore sales that were sending them backwards considering the acceptance of the VE/VF. As far as rubbish small cars & cheap & nasty SUVs, well that's where Holden was caught with their pants down...yet Holden can't /won't admit it.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Very true Cuda..after all it certainly wasn't the Commodore sales that were sending them backwards considering the acceptance of the VE/VF. As far as rubbish small cars & cheap & nasty SUVs, well that's where Holden was caught with their pants down...yet Holden can't /won't admit it.
It's easier to blame the bogan. Lol. Than admit you've been selling someone elses **** cars, in the right market segments for years, and severely damaged your own brand reputation. The mkt knows it. Just admit it and turn it around with good cars Holden. That's your challenge.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
As someone who works as a consultant to marketers (and I've worked with Holden in the past) my POV is that they can do whatever they like with their logo, website and advertising. Unless they start to deliver products that actually compete at the top of their respective segments for a fair price none of that is going to matter. Take Commodore out of the equation. Holden doesn't have a single car that would be considered segment leading and they're known for bringing cars over here and overpricing them. The amount of times I've seen them price a car too high then a year later have it on permanent discount once it's too late is staggering. You need to get the basic product right and then the brand kudos will follow as you build trust in the broader market due to good cars. You can't do it the other way around, no one will fall for it.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Yep, says it all really - all about being more trendy, more feminine, more gay....and how I detest being told by marketers that I should be as well!! And, because I don't want to be more fashionable, more feminine more gay, then I must be a bogan - so be it, I've never been prouder to be called one if what I drive has to define me.
While you might not like the way they've gone with their attempts to re-brand themselves, look at it from a realistic point of view - what else can they do? They don't actually have any good product apart from the Astra, and while the reviews on those look positive a mate hired one in the UK and said it was like 90% of a Golf without being as good in any way as a Golf (for the same price as, or more than, a Golf) ... which could be part of why you just don't see many on the road.

They did well for years pushing the bogan image, but they've got nothing to sell with those who identify with the bogan image; I guess they could tell us a Trax is great for getting us & our 4 mates & our 6 slabs of XXXX to the GABBA to watch the State Of Origin, but that's not convincing anyone.

At least trying to sell **** product to people who don't care if it's **** product has some (slim) chance of working ...

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Very true Cuda..after all it certainly wasn't the Commodore sales that were sending them backwards considering the acceptance of the VE/VF.
Umm..what sales figures do you look at?

Commodore sales figures have been going backwards since 2008 (51,000 vehicles). And in 2010 they fell off the top of the best selling car list for the first time in 14? years.

In 2010 they sold about 46,000 Commodores.
In 2016 they sold about 26,000 Commodores.

Now...care to elaborate on how the Commodore sales havent been going backwards?