Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has anyone cammed their VF series 2 yet?

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Nah Dude. Latest sprint 8 is making over 360 at the tyres stock. 400 can be achieved even without exhaust. A cammed car just isnt in the race....

Ford have crap cars for technology but the 6 turbo and 8 supercharged are killer cars.

Ford have good engines but the xr8 doesn't use the power very efficiently they're no way as quick as they should be off the mark. Crappy chassis / transmission refinement, & 2.92 final drive ford have developed a great v8 but the overall package falls well short of its potential which is good because I like beating blown xr8's and hsv's at the drags just personally..

MAF88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ss ute
hey guys just seeing if anyone would know witch cam would be better for street/strip . car is 2016 vf2 ss ute auto and want to sitck with stock stall, i have a pretty good understanding of how camshafts work and how the specs of a cam changes the performance . first is the LSR 269 HR12 219. 227. 607. 614. 112LSA ... or LSR 273 HR12 223. 231. 610. 617. 112LSA

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Ford have good engines but the xr8 doesn't use the power very efficiently they're no way as quick as they should be off the mark. Crappy chassis / transmission refinement, & 2.92 final drive ford have developed a great v8 but the overall package falls well short of its potential which is good because I like beating blown xr8's and hsv's at the drags just personally..
So, cammed cars are in the race. In fact they're winning it! Funny how the real world often debunks theories.
Yep, nice donks. No LS but.

JoeVF2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SS REDLINE
So, cammed cars are in the race. In fact they're winning it! Funny how the real world often debunks theories.
Yep, nice donks. No LS but.
with these new cars its not even about power, its about the driveline combo and putting it to the ground no doubt.

shaness8

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG F6 VX SS

What let's the Ford down is the standard Dunlop tyres you cant get traction, put some Michelins PSS on and its a different car.

monty_vfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S2 Redline
hey guys just seeing if anyone would know witch cam would be better for street/strip . car is 2016 vf2 ss ute auto and want to sitck with stock stall, i have a pretty good understanding of how camshafts work and how the specs of a cam changes the performance . first is the LSR 269 HR12 219. 227. 607. 614. 112LSA ... or LSR 273 HR12 223. 231. 610. 617. 112LSA
Are you staying n/a or going FI one day? Im personally going with a 114lsa which will suit n/a and FI. Surely that second cam will be pushing it with the standard stall?? Maybe someone with a cammed auto can chime in.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Are you staying n/a or going FI one day? Im personally going with a 114lsa which will suit n/a and FI. Surely that second cam will be pushing it with the standard stall?? Maybe someone with a cammed auto can chime in.
Why wouldn’t you swap an FI cam when doing all the rigmarole for a blower?
Seems perfect access with the crank pulley off, cooling system, and accessories out of the way.
It’s just a case of a few bolts for timing cover, cam bolt and retainer plate.
Seems like wasted effort not to swap cams rather than run both modes with a compromise. Realistically the SC conversion is going to be $12k+, max $1k extra to do it right and swap to FI cam.

monty_vfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S2 Redline
Why wouldn’t you swap an FI cam when doing all the rigmarole for a blower?
Seems perfect access with the crank pulley off, cooling system, and accessories out of the way.
It’s just a case of a few bolts for timing cover, cam bolt and retainer plate.
Seems like wasted effort not to swap cams rather than run both modes with a compromise. Realistically the SC conversion is going to be $12k+, max $1k extra to do it right and swap to FI cam.
You can do it however you like i guess.. what im saying is theres cams out there that will run wicked times NA that are still suited to FI..

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
You can do it however you like i guess.. what im saying is theres cams out there that will run wicked times NA that are still suited to FI..
Sure I agree a negative overlap high rpm race cam and stall for NA will make power up top and suit SC.
But is a hella compromise for overall performance NA. Without a need to stall past the useful first 20% of engine speed because of doughy performance, the higher CR of short intake duration early IVC makes for a torquey fast NA. Fastest on strip in fact. A tight ICL with decent overlap to promote inertial supercharging is gonna be a beast to compete with typical supercharging (LSA cam, stock pulley) street or strip.
At the other end of the spectrum installing a blower cam like stock LSA or LS9 is actually going backwards, totally pathetic for everyday and strip times NA.

monty_vfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S2 Redline
Sure I agree a negative overlap high rpm race cam and stall for NA will make power up top and suit SC.
But is a hella compromise for overall performance NA. Without a need to stall past the useful first 20% of engine speed because of doughy performance, the higher CR of short intake duration early IVC makes for a torquey fast NA. Fastest on strip in fact. A tight ICL with decent overlap to promote inertial supercharging is gonna be a beast to compete with typical supercharging (LSA cam, stock pulley) street or strip.
At the other end of the spectrum installing a blower cam like stock LSA or LS9 is actually going backwards, totally pathetic for everyday and strip times NA.
Yes there are so many variables when it comes to the right cam choice for your intended setup. I think ss flo rider has hit the sweet spot with his cam.. perfect cam for a blower as well! Maybe too big for a stock stall though.. but i wouldn't know as i have a manual.