Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 SS - Black edition

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Thanks Ron!
Those pics are worth 1000's of words.

No worries. Wanted to show the full comparison. It might be in my head by cabin noise seems louder ?!
Extra air can't hurt it and still looks 100% stock

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Does it drive any different ?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Does it drive any different ?
Feels fraction more responsive, and louder at wot...but that could be placebo ;)

Edit. Took it out this morning for a 'spirited drive' through royal nasho and the induction noise is definitely slighly different.

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Feels fraction more responsive, and louder at wot...but that could be placebo ;)

Edit. Took it out this morning for a 'spirited drive' through royal nasho and the induction noise is definitely slighly different.
Excellent. That what its about, more Cabin noise and that alone make the car more racy. But what I cant understand is when the Flap opens above the filter (other side goes to the T/B) where does the Air come from, does it get the air inside the Engine compartment?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Excellent. That what its about, more Cabin noise and that alone make the car more racy. But what I cant understand is when the Flap opens above the filter (other side goes to the T/B) where does the Air come from, does it get the air inside the Engine compartment?

It's under the headlight...so the air would be pretty cool

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Tried to get some more air for cheap.
Like $150 bucks all up cheap ;)

HSV R8 bimodal intake and Ryco O2 Rush filter.

I stuck the butterfly on the intake to open as it's not viable to sort out electronics.
The intake duct is bigger than stock...

Cheers for the pic Ron. I didn't realise that the extra intake was that early in the system.
When I test drove mine vs a redline, I definition noticed a different intake noise, much more noticeable and nicer to my ear.

My new question is what does all the extra plastic do where you'd normally just have the elbow in front of the throttle body?
Extra (anti)resonators?

EDIT: Also, how shonky is that larger intake to the filter housing, looks like did it with a stanley knife, more extra air intake through all the gaps!

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
It's under the headlight...so the air would be pretty cool
See if you have read my post on the HQ GTS Monaro that I accidentally have induction Bi Modal I had the air cleaner ducts connected to the Plenum Chamber so the air cleaner gets its air from the Plenum Chamber which that is connected to the car vents and when I open the car vents I get a LARGE induction noise. Yes the Car gets Cool air plus gives me good induction noise in the cabin.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Cheers for the pic Ron. I didn't realise that the extra intake was that early in the system.
When I test drove mine vs a redline, I definition noticed a different intake noise, much more noticeable and nicer to my ear.

My new question is what does all the extra plastic do where you'd normally just have the elbow in front of the throttle body?
Extra (anti)resonators?

EDIT: Also, how shonky is that larger intake to the filter housing, looks like did it with a stanley knife, more extra air intake through all the gaps!

Oh yeah. That cutout is dodgy as hahahah

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
@Ron Burgundy its a pity your not near Brisbane i could give you a 340kw clubsport Intake
6275C771-CC22-4483-8B15-69CFE5AF96E3.jpeg
you can keep the mse as I just had it blanked off with a silicone cap and hose clamp.