Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alcantara on the Seats.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Sorry Mate, i missed your post. I purchased the same from CCP Car Car Products (not China Communist Party LOL)., Yes Dr Beasley's Microsuede and Alcantara Cleaner 360mL for $39 and Used it once only on the seat white strip the seat on the picture on my first post and yes the picture was taken after I clean it with Dr Beasley's so by this you can see how well it worked well sort of worked but it still remove some but not all the stains in the white alcantara strip. Also I purchased Dr Beasley Alcantara Protector, Yes for the two it was close to $80

I tried this morning using Dr Beasley's in a different way on the Front Passengers side seat strip the One that I took two photos off and will let you know how it goes and will put photos up on monday showing the original photo and the latest to see what is best to clean this ridiculous white Alcantara strip.
By the way I looked at Cars sales.com for VF Calais and found PLENTY of Calais with white strips and I found some Shockers yes white strips that have become black with stains and dirt.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
By the way I looked at Cars sales.com for VF Calais and found PLENTY of Calais with white strips and I found some Shockers yes white strips that have become black with stains and dirt.

Have a look at this its a Shocker. Cant find the origin one that was 90% stained, found it yesterday but not now. Found some high milage cars that have a clean white alcantara strip.(go through the Slide photos to find the front seats)
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/de...82789&gtsViewType=topspot&rankingType=topspot

Last edited:

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Every time I read this thread I hear mac miller in my head rapping "I got Alcantra on my seats, yeah I got Alcantra on my seats"

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Have a look at this its a Shocker. Cant find the origin one that was 90% stained, found it yesterday but not now. Must be driving this car with no pants and no undies + suffering from the runs. Found some high milage cars that have a clean white alcantara strip.(go through the photos to find the front seats)
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/de...82789&gtsViewType=topspot&rankingType=topspot

[/URL]

[/URL]

And these dealers don't even bother to present a clean, tidy car for sale.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
If these white stripes look so rubbish, and are a PITA to keep clean, can they be successfully removed from the seat covers by carefully un-picking the stitching ?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
If these white stripes look so rubbish, and are a PITA to keep clean, can they be successfully removed from the seat covers by carefully un-picking the stitching ?

it's three piece when you look from underneath.

1599353733770.png

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
it's three piece when you look from underneath.

View attachment 213891
They were over $700 a few weeks ago and because they were over priced they dropped them but they are still to pricey. remember that one part of the seat if you get the top and the base of the one seat it will cost before over $1500 now it around $900 cough,cough.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
If I get time I will stick some NEW Photos from the same seat. Its a LOT better then before. Tomorrow I have a VR Commodore to fix if it does not rain on Monday or Tuesday. Trouble of my Work garage its to dark for me to work even with flou leads lights, I like the Sun at my back. I still have to clean the seats on the Drivers side of the Caprice, will do this sometime this week and next weekend there is no V8's racing so I will change the plastic or whatever you call it behind the front bumper facing the ground. Receipt from Holden call it a EXTENSION ASM- FRT BPR FAS. Yes I bought this NEW last week, only $75 and the box was that big that I could not fit in the the Boot of the VR so had to remove it from the box and somehow slide it from the front to the rear seat and the wife was hanging on it. Yes decide to change it because the original one has scrapes on it via bolards and knowing this I cant sleep at night.
Looking under the car is looking newer every day I touch it.

Last edited: