Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Uncomfortable seats in my 2014 Calais V

Outoftown2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais v v8
So disappointed . Had vz clubsport r8. Could drive 3..4 hours easy as. 400..6000km not a problem.
Bought vf calais v.. horrible. Can hardly drive hour before almost hospital case. Sciatica pain in lower legs.. ? Lower back is killing me. Not sure whats wrong with seats. Will sell it look for older vz again.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
I love my calais v seats. Admittedly, it is hard to find the right spot so I am thankful for memory positions. My advice is to lower the seat completely and recline it significantly. Then increase height to desired and then adjust backrest, followed by lumbar.
I think they are the most comfortable seats I've ever had.

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Grab yourself some genuine VF HSV seats. I did to my S1 Redline since the Redline seats ended up being uncomfortable overtime.

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
have to say i love my Calais V seats also.normally can only drive 1 to 2 hrs and have to stop for a rest.sciatica nerve and lower back pain in almost every other car i owned. these 6 to 8 hours,most i have driven in this car, no probs at all.
cheers

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
Grab yourself some genuine VF HSV seats. I did to my S1 Redline since the Redline seats ended up being uncomfortable overtime.
yeah ive thought about doing this from very early on. maybe ill have to bite the bullet.
who did yours?

and also interesting, because by all accounts the S1 seats are better than the S2.

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
yeah ive thought about doing this from very early on. maybe ill have to bite the bullet.
who did yours?

and also interesting, because by all accounts the S1 seats are better than the S2.

My Seats are geniune from a VF Clubsport R8. I managed to install them myself and got someone to connect the passenger seat to the closet power source for the electrics. S1 seats were good but overtime get uncomfortable.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Fit her with sheepies. But, make sure they are constructed to allow side-impact airbag deployment in the VF seats. Your Calais may have more than the standard SIAs in the lower-spec VFs.

Even with my redoubtable old codger's bad back, I have driven very, very, very long distances on the VF wagoon and never complained about the seats — the bum part or the back part. I am, however, a fly-weight (59kgs) and hardly make a dent in the seats. I have them up at maximum height so I can see over the bonnet!!

Reactions: Lex

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Fit her with sheepies. But, make sure they are constructed to allow side-impact airbag deployment in the VF seats. Your Calais may have more than the standard SIAs in the lower-spec VFs.

Even with my redoubtable old codger's bad back, I have driven very, very, very long distances on the VF wagoon and never complained about the seats — the bum part or the back part. I am, however, a fly-weight (59kgs) and hardly make a dent in the seats. I have them up at maximum height so I can see over the bonnet!!

why would you ruin heated and cooled seats with grandpa spec seat covers?

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride

I have a flat ice brick covered in a towel if my rissoles need cooling. Heating ... well... fine when it's chilly (like it gets in Alice Springs in winter!!)... In the VF wagoon heating is linked to climate control settings; no manual adjustment e.g. where the vent controls are. Not a complaint, just a difference from other spec VFs.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride

A few VF Calais around here have sheepies fitted, along with sheepies steering wheel covers, dashmats, sheepies on seat belt webbing... I don't know where dash mats in sheepies style comes from. It looked a bit like something from an Elvis-era Cadillac...