Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Washed the ute after having driven it the last few days and put the Repco cover back on it, then jacked the tudor up onto stands to work on the hand brake.

covered.jpg

Reactions: Lex

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Replaced the heater hoses that go to the heater core on the SSV because one of them was leaking. Had a slow drip from those stupid spring clips they use from the factory so I sliced off the old hoses and bought a hose from a VS Commodore that gave me the cuts I needed and put new worm drive clips on. Pain in the arse to get at them but at least it’s done now.

Also replaced the spark plugs as I couldn‘t verify the provenance on them. They didn’t look too bad but at least they are done now for another 100,000kms or so. Need to do the oil change yet as I’m up to 10,000kms on the oil that’s in it but I don’t think I’ll do that today as I’ve done enough for today.

Reactions: Lex

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Replaced the heater hoses that go to the heater core on the SSV because one of them was leaking. Had a slow drip from those stupid spring clips they use from the factory so I sliced off the old hoses and bought a hose from a VS Commodore that gave me the cuts I needed and put new worm drive clips on. Pain in the arse to get at them but at least it’s done now.

Also replaced the spark plugs as I couldn‘t verify the provenance on them. They didn’t look too bad but at least they are done now for another 100,000kms or so. Need to do the oil change yet as I’m up to 10,000kms on the oil that’s in it but I don’t think I’ll do that today as I’ve done enough for today.
And now the aircon has decided it wants to stop working!

Edit: Rebooted the car and now the aircon works again.

Last edited:

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Not the first Volvo I've seen with a Holden V8 fitted....I had one, the same model with a 253 fitted....:)
How did that go? I'd be interested in a 240 with a B8444S fitted but that would be a whole lot more work than the benefit. Sticking with a 4 or 5 cyl with a heap of boost is probably the go.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
How did that go? I'd be interested in a 240 with a B8444S fitted but that would be a whole lot more work than the benefit. Sticking with a 4 or 5 cyl with a heap of boost is probably the go.

Bought it from ebay about 20 years ago for about $250 with the 253 fitted....It did surprise a few people....Mr Policeman didn't like it and put a sticker on the windscreen.....That ended my fun the spoil sport.... :)

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
More over the last few weeks than today. Car came back from the painter. He made a really good job of it. The engine is back together. The windscreen man came the other day. There was rust in the bottom corner of the rear windscreen so that didn't get fitted. The painter should have picked that up. The rubber for the front windscreen was the wrong one, not the fault of the person who supplied it. The correct rubber for my car should have been the export rubber. The groove on the export model is the same front and rear. How was I supposed to know that. All good now, the incorrect rubber has gone back and I got the right one from Rare Spares. The rust at the back has been fixed.

Yesterday I got two pieces of stainless trim back from the metal polisher. He did a fantastic job on them. Just like new. I saved myself about $150 by not having to by new.

Today I fitted three of the door handles and the door locks. Real hard going for someone (well it was for me) who hasn't done it before.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
More over the last few weeks than today. Car came back from the painter. He made a really good job of it. The engine is back together. The windscreen man came the other day. There was rust in the bottom corner of the rear windscreen so that didn't get fitted. The painter should have picked that up. The rubber for the front windscreen was the wrong one, not the fault of the person who supplied it. The correct rubber for my car should have been the export rubber. The groove on the export model is the same front and rear. How was I supposed to know that. All good now, the incorrect rubber has gone back and I got the right one from Rare Spares. The rust at the back has been fixed.

Yesterday I got two pieces of stainless trim back from the metal polisher. He did a fantastic job on them. Just like new. I saved myself about $150 by not having to by new.

Today I fitted three of the door handles and the door locks. Real hard going for someone (well it was for me) who hasn't done it before.

It's amazing when you start putting it back together, it seems like you're not getting any where fast, then all of a sudden things seem to move quick and it starts to take shape....

Keep up the good work :)

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
As it was the Monaro’s 17th anniversary, I took it on a 50km run to see what was there, then drove it back, and changed the oil.

Looking at my service history, the first 50KM came up in about 2 1/2 years, the second 50KM in about 5 1/2 years and the last 37KM in 9 years.
When I bought it, it was the daily, and I was advised by workmates “Don’t drive it, put it away and it will be worth a lot one day.”
My reply was “Not likely.”
Well, Wunday must be here. I don’t drive it much, :( and Monaro prices are appreciating.:D
I bought an original, unmolested HQ 253 LS about 30 years ago for $6K, and sold it about 10 years ago for what I thought was a reasonable price $19K (?) and now I think it would bring about $50K > $60. :oops: