Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

if i convert my vz alloytec to a 5ltr can i get it engineered to be registered??

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
nah mate just pissed off that there’s old pricks on here that have to be smart arses to my question
hey mate not everyone is an old prick or smart arsess, but in life theres always a few who spoil it for the rest. ;)

As to your question, well its a free world and if you have enough money and an engineer everything is possible, the only people you will have to prove anything to are the state vehicle authorities to get your car on the road covering emissions law. Remember there are many ways to skin a cat if all the other things people say are not revalent to your situation and the law.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You will need new front coils but figuring out which ones might be tricky to find a pair designed to take a 304 in a VZ. I don't know that the VS ones will fit VZ struts. If VT 304 springs fit you might be ok.

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
You will need new front coils but figuring out which ones might be tricky to find a pair designed to take a 304 in a VZ. I don't know that the VS ones will fit VZ struts. If VT 304 springs fit you might be ok.
What ??? VZ LS V8 is probably lighter than a 304 V8

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If you decide to give it a go, be sure to create a build thread. I for one would like to see it done, just for interests sake. If you do have a go be prepared that there will be a lot of custom wiring. It will be a lot cheaper to find a VZ with LS already installed. Your mate fitting the engine and trans will be the easy part. Getting it to run and drive will be whole new ball game. Blokes on here are trying to steer you away because it will likely end in tears as it's massive, what you are suggesting. But if you have plenty of money it could be done.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What ??? VZ LS V8 is probably lighter than a 304 V8
Yep and there lies the problem. LS weighs about the same as an Eco. What springs do you suggest?

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
Yep and there lies the problem. LS weighs about the same as an Eco. What springs do you suggest?
No problem, choose any VZ V8 spring to whatever ride height you want, the small difference in any engine weight won't make a difference. Ecotec has nothing to do with it. Maybe your thinking of Alloytec.
if you have money and want the lastest aftermarket fancy stuff, plenty of coil over brands available to do the job for any motor.

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just to clarify I was referring to the Eco, even though he has a Alloy. I was referring to the weights of a LS being around the same as Eco nothing more. The 304 is quite a bit heavier than an LS so I would think he will need a heavier rated spring? But I must be wrong. And if you're right there will be plenty of options in springs for the OP. So forget I said anything.