Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Lockdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Take it easy first day back.
I've got my Rippetoe starting strength program that I use after a long break

I've deloaded about 30% to start up slow again, I have been throwing my kettle bells around regularly, but nothing beats some heavy deads, squats, presses, cleans and bench for removing stress

I really need to buy a rack though, but like old cars, gym equipment prices are insane at the moment, stupid Covid

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
because health advice... from 12am tonight Victorians will once again be allowed to drink outside without having to wear a mask at the same time

Actually it's because another set of morons figured out they could get "takeaway" booze and just sit outside the venue.

If people can't be sensible and think of the greater good, you need to legislate for mass stupidity.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Actually it's because another set of morons figured out they could get "takeaway" booze and just sit outside the venue.

If people can't be sensible and think of the greater good, you need to legislate for mass stupidity.
yes i know why it was imposed its a stupid rule that dosnt make sense, if people dont listen to the premier he will target u specifically, as other CHO's have said being outside is the best place to be where almost not transmission has happened, but i guess drinking inside with no masks where almost all transmission has happened within households is better

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Hasn't drinking outside a venue always been against the law?

I'm all for no drinking in the streets, parks and beaches, to many idiots getting blind drunk, fighting, smashing glass, vomiting, pissing/shitting everywhere,leaving their rubbish everywhere

There's enough issues already from drunk fools roaming the streets

Surely people don't always need alcohol, unless they have a drinking problem, hidden in the guise of "being social"

Pic is after a gathering at Manly beach, during lockdown #farkentossers
https___prod.static9.net.jpeg.jpg

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
My wife’s siter lives in the Ipswich area, and they speak at least once per year, if necessary.
Her husband is a typical ‘woe is me, I’m an unemployed invalid pensioner, but I know a lot more than you’ and is more full of BS than the Roma Saleyards.

Anyhow, she rang today to enquire about how we were handling lockdown, and was totally surprised that us NSW prisoners will be released on Monday.
The subject, as usual, got around to their health problems, real and imagined.
As to getting the COVID jab …. NO !…….. they hadn’t.
Reason, to summarise a lengthy tale of misfortune and misinformation ……… she had heard woman in front of her at the supermarket checkout had seen on facebook a few months ago that if you get the jab, you are likely to die, and Fantasia was doing a really good job of keeping COVID out of QLD, therefore it was not necessary to get the jab …….. or words to that effect.

WTF, I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, and my wife was trying hard not to laugh.
End of tale, I am baffled for words about an attitude like that.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Had to get an Xray on Thursday cause I thought it would be fun to stab my hand with a screwdriver.
Whilst I was sitting in the waiting room this bedraggled looking well proportioned elderly woman came in, checked in with the receptionist then proceeded to choose where to sit. She spotted the TV was showing information about Covid-19 and vaccinations etc etc.
She then muttered something about it all being a load of BS and none of them know what they are talking about.
I held my tongue as I didn't want to get kicked out before I had my Xray but I smiled to myself under my mask and thought woman you look like the perfect candidate to die from Covid complications. If you haven't been vaccinated and I'm figuring your not then good luck with that. :D

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
My wife’s siter lives in the Ipswich area, and they speak at least once per year, if necessary.
Her husband is a typical ‘woe is me, I’m an unemployed invalid pensioner, but I know a lot more than you’ and is more full of BS than the Roma Saleyards.

Anyhow, she rang today to enquire about how we were handling lockdown, and was totally surprised that us NSW prisoners will be released on Monday.
The subject, as usual, got around to their health problems, real and imagined.
As to getting the COVID jab …. NO !…….. they hadn’t.
Reason, to summarise a lengthy tale of misfortune and misinformation ……… she had heard woman in front of her at the supermarket checkout had seen on facebook a few months ago that if you get the jab, you are likely to die, and Fantasia was doing a really good job of keeping COVID out of QLD, therefore it was not necessary to get the jab …….. or words to that effect.

WTF, I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, and my wife was trying hard not to laugh.
End of tale, I am baffled for words about an attitude like that.
No disrespect to your wife’s sister, but a classic example of what happens when removing the Darwin theory…

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Had to get an Xray on Thursday cause I thought it would be fun to stab my hand with a screwdriver.
Whilst I was sitting in the waiting room this bedraggled looking well proportioned elderly woman came in, checked in with the receptionist then proceeded to choose where to sit. She spotted the TV was showing information about Covid-19 and vaccinations etc etc.
She then muttered something about it all being a load of BS and none of them know what they are talking about.
I held my tongue as I didn't want to get kicked out before I had my Xray but I smiled to myself under my mask and thought woman you look like the perfect candidate to die from Covid complications. If you haven't been vaccinated and I'm figuring your not then good luck with that. :D

Maybe she'd lived through the previous pandemic? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.