Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Lockdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
No disrespect to your wife’s sister, but a classic example of what happens when removing the Darwin theory…

I am sure that within the next few months, the bluster and bravado will wane, rationality will kick in and they will follow the recommended course.
There is no end of the BS being spread by gossip and social media.
This forum has a disproportionate amount being spread by the vocal few seagulls ....…..they swoop in, make a lot of noise, **** on everything, then fly away.
Fantasia and QLD will have to join the rest of the country some time.
The current COVID 'keep them out' policy can't last indefinately .......... the boogieman will not go away if you shut your eyes.

As I have mentioned Ipswich (rellies and friends around the place) a couple of times, perhaps @keith reed can set me straight here.
The Ipswich Council states population is 234,000 ) and the 9Oct QLD Health states total vaxxes administered in Ipwich as 69,000.
Really ?? Less than 30% !
If that is true, Fantasia is in for a world of hurt when the border rivers dry up, the plastic barriers fall over and the Dingo Fence gets a hole.

EDIT ........ a bit more digging and the ABC reports 63.9% single, and 43.8% double dosed for Ipswich. QLD health figures ... :oops:

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I am sure that within the next few months, the bluster and bravado will wane, rationality will kick in and they will follow the recommended course.
This forum has a disproportionate amount being spread by the vocal few seagulls ....…..they swoop in, make a lot of noise, **** on everything, then fly away.
The current COVID 'keep them out' policy can't last indefinately .......... the boogieman will not go away if you shut your eyes.

As I have mentioned Ipswich (rellies and friends around the place) a couple of times, perhaps @keith reed can set me straight here.
The Ipswich Council states population is 234,000 ) and the 9Oct QLD Health states total vaxxes administered in Ipwich as 69,000.
If that is true, Fantasia is in for a world of hurt when the border rivers dry up, the plastic barriers fall over and the Dingo Fence gets a hole.

EDIT ........ a bit more digging and the ABC reports 63.9% single, and 43.8% double dosed for Ipswich. QLD health figures ... :oops:

A discrepancy in doses administered can arise due to doses administered at state hubs and doses administered by GPs and pharmacists which are managed by the Feds.

Need to combine both numbers for the correct total.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline

Sorry can't help much figjam. I don't know the figures but understood the vaccine rate for Ipswich was low so was surprised that the figures you quote were that high.

Perhaps due to my hermit like life (slight exaggeration) I don't know many people in Ipswich. Of the people I know most including ourselves have had their injections. I don't personally know any anti vaccination people.

At the time of the border closing I note that most of the complaining of the closure was coming from NSW. I never understood this as people were flocking to come into Queensland with very few if any going the other way. Why were they in such a hurry to export their people?

I commend the actions of the Queensland Government for their role in keeping the people of Queensland safe. You are quite right that when the borders open we could be in for a spot of bother. Hopefully by this stage most of the population have had their injections and the effects of the virus will be somewhat negated.

Now all we have to do is keep the idiots out who see the virus as no more than the flu and keep sneaking or trying to sneak across the border. I would be surprised if NSW and Victoria have the same problem with people trying to cross their borders.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
At the time of the border closing I note that most of the complaining of the closure was coming from NSW. I never understood this as people were flocking to come into Queensland with very few if any going the other way. Why were they in such a hurry to export their people?

A couple of thousand of those are QLDers living in tents and caravans who are currently not allowed. back into QLD

I know of a current example, a person who lives in Gatton, would like to see her dying mother in aged care in Nelson Bay, but is not game to come here because she knows she not be allowed back. That is causing angst amongst the (not my) family, but is just one of many similar scenarios.

Last edited:

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
The rules about crossing the border from QLD to NSW are odd.

A workmate of mine said he has a funeral to go to next week, He is going to a church in Gold Coast where it will be live streamed from a church in Tweed The funeral is for the mother of a close family friend.
He said his friend was allowed to cross the border to plan the funeral,But isn't allowed to go back next week to attend the funeral.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
that QLD border is the worst, i can see keeping non residents out but people that actually live there should be able to go home no matter what even if its thru home quarantine or the like and most are double vaxxed anyway, if football players and there familys can cross then residents should be able to also simple as that, the premier will forget about all this but people that were stopped from seeing dyeing family members or going to funerals will remember it forever

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I hope the whinging English cricket team goes to QLD

Meh, I don't watch cricket anyway

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Mentioned a few months back about finding a project to keep occupied and to see the time pass by.

Can now say that this is finally finished
With the next step to seal it, get it stuck onto some board and then framed.
Should pass a few more weekends to get all that done.

And yes, that's a full sized table. Finished size is 1530x1010 :oops:

Puzzle Finished Snip.JPG

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Mentioned a few months back about finding a project to keep occupied and to see the time pass by.

Can now say that this is finally finished
With the next step to seal it, get it stuck onto some board and then framed.
Should pass a few more weekends to get all that done.

And yes, that's a full sized table. Finished size is 1530x1010 :oops:

View attachment 227964

Have you gone cross eyed yet ?

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Nah, luckily it was mainly a weekend project, so gave the eyes time to rest.
But plenty of times would start at around 11am or 12 and next thing you know its 7 or 9pm.
Pieces would blend which made some parts difficult, especially with that colour palette.

But i did renege on never buying another one.
Although those "backup" ones are only 1000 and 2000 pieces respectively.

Best bit, there's a story behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.