Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cam Surge

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
yep all the work I've done and am doing i havnt been pulled over yet so running the gauntlet continues.... not driving like an ass on the streets helps too

Not driving like an ass is an enormous help and when the cops spot your car and your record comes up clean they'll most likely leave you be.

Step out of line and your asking for it.

I sometimes I watch that program 'Highway Patrol' on Channel 7 and can't believe how unlicensed drivers get caught because they were speeding, what type of moron would want to draw attention to themselves when driving without a license?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Somehow I don’t think that old “your honour, I only sold him the gun and what he did with it after was his sole responsibility“ would hold much weigh in a court of law.

Such would also be the case when shops perform illegal modifications but to be held to account, it would require an interesting case to wake the DPP from their slumber and get them to actually apply the law.

As is, businesses have specific responsibilities in law and their liability related to the mods that they do is greater than many seem to appreciate or acknowledge. Frustratingly, they all seem to understand their liabilities when it comes to you wanting to check the work they are doing and inspect the vehicle while it is on the hoist - can’t do that cause of OH&S bullshit that is always referenced… Hypocrisy thy name is business :p
Kudos to him for doing things correctly and by the book :cool:

I've only ever had one defect notice and it was for a loud exhaust and yes it was a window rattler and set off the car alarms as I cruised by but I wasn't asked who fitted the exhaust as the cops were only interested in punishing me being the owner of the car.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've only ever had one defect notice and it was for a loud exhaust and yes it was a window rattler and set off the car alarms as I cruised by but I wasn't asked who fitted the exhaust as the cops were only interested in punishing me being the owner of the car.
In the normal corse, all business can be liable for works that they perform which according to ACL must be done with due care and skill.

In cases where the shop didn’t get written acknowledgement that the owner knew the works were for “off road use only” the the shop can be held liable for any costs to bring the vehicle back to roadworthy status after it was defected… From vague memory, I think @vc commodore mentioned one time long ago that tyre shops can be liable for rectification work if they fitted illegal wheels and tyre.

Such liability is different to any possible statutory warranty for fixing a shoddy tunes (as hands are not clean on possibly both sides)… Their ACL obligations may only go as far as to return the car to pre tune basis and refund costs paid…

Roadside police, well all they care about is issuing tickets and simple cases… complex stuff is for those further up the rank…

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Not driving like an ass is an enormous help and when the cops spot your car and your record comes up clean they'll most likely leave you be.

Step out of line and your asking for it.

I sometimes I watch that program 'Highway Patrol' on Channel 7 and can't believe how unlicensed drivers get caught because they were speeding, what type of moron would want to draw attention to themselves when driving without a license?

I don't see too many rocket surgeons appearing on those shows.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride

Fallsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon
So decided to go ahead and cam my ssv it was booked in and ready for pickup on 17th December. Since I’ve picked it up I’ve noticed when cruising at 75-80kmh it surges and bucks back n forth. It does it from 1300-1600RPM completely goes away past 2000RPM. Also idle to 1200RPM if I put my foot down it bogs down and backfires for a sec and then accelerates. Are all these things normal when getting a vehicle Cammed? Rocks back n forth when stopped at a light as well. From what I was told it should drive fairly stock.
VF2 SS Sedan Auto
2600 Hi Stall
227/244 114 LSA Crow Cam
Brand New LS3 injectors
Brand New Spark Plugs
Hi HDJ, did you get your tune sorted?

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Hi HDJ, did you get your tune sorted?
Nope asked for a ride along drive but covid was an issue at the time. Haven’t touched the issue again since then just living with it atm and working around it hopefully nothing breaks.