Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What will my 2017 holden vf ssv be worth these days

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
covid fried people's brains. it's why we're still seeing inflation. 8 cylinder cars are hard to shift right now, due mostly to high fuel prices, but also the shift toward cabs & 4WD utes by tradesmen.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The first inflated price VF I watched in SA was a brand new never been registered Redline Ute advertised for 80k mid 2020, so the seller added 25K to the 2017 new car price and it didn't sell. This kicked around for about 6 months with progressive price increases to 120k and disappeared. I don't know if it was sold or withdrawn from sale as there were some other brand new/near new Redline Utes and a few Magnums advertised interstate for similar prices. On the bandwagon jumped those with 60,000km Redline Utes advertising them for 100k along with "half stuffed" high km one's for 70/80k, cars condition wise probably worth 35k if you're lucky.

It's hard to know what these inflated price VF's sold for, or if some were withdrawn from sale, dreamer's who'd sell if they got a stupid price. The most expensive one I know of, is a mate of mine paying 80k for a Redline wagon with 6,000km's early 2021, nice car absolutely mint as new condition, not sure it would sell for that today. Last week, another mate bought an MY15 340 Maloo stock and nice condition with 56,000km's for 72k originally asking 100k for it a year ago.

Only going by the telly news and the paper, them saying used car prices are still on a downward spiral....

Has been the case with limited condition cars....Low mileage mint units people ask a pretty penny and those that have ones that are higher mileage and average condition think they are worth them same

Me, I don't believe something so new is worth more than the original retail price.....Others will say I'm full of shite, prices will always head north with them and all the other excuses under the sun that are posted up when the topic is bought up....But I really don't care....If someone has money burning a hole in their pocket and they want to cough up more than original sale price, good on them....I never have and certainly never will

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
covid fried people's brains. it's why we're still seeing inflation. 8 cylinder cars are hard to shift right now, due mostly to high fuel prices, but also the shift toward cabs & 4WD utes by tradesmen.

I think covid added to the brain frying with car prices.

Honestly from the time Holden announced or actually shut the doors, people were banging the drum of never going to be available again, so it's got to be worth more.....

Unfortunately I didn't follow car prices during the pandemic, but I did buy 2 cars in 2020 during the pandemic

First was a VT Berlina Wagon...V6 auto...270,000 on it....Average to poor nick...Coughed up a massive $300 for it....Kept it 6 or so months, had a fuel pump failure, which I replaced the pump and onsold it for $900

2nd one was my current VY executive wagon...V6 auto., 275,000K..Average nick...Had a stuffed lim gasket....Paid a massive $600 with 6 weeks rego...

So if the prices of used cars were stupid, I got very lucky.....

And he way I see it, the same principal applies, no matter the year or the car.....I won't pay a price for something like a 2017 model commodore more than what the original sale price was...I'd pay round the $10K mark for something of that age, if I was to consider it....

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Prices of good used cars were definitely silly & still are, but I think most people realise that even a well maintained Commodore with nearly 300k kms on it is pretty-much EOL. :)

And he way I see it, the same principal applies, no matter the year or the car.....I won't pay a price for something like a 2017 model commodore more than what the original sale price was...I'd pay round the $10K mark for something of that age, if I was to consider it....
It’s totally fair to say you won’t pay more than $10k for a 2017 Commodore, but while others will pay much more it means you simply won’t be buying one - or anything like one.

Last edited:

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Agree with used car prices still being inflated... They've come down a bit but they're still expensive... A flogged out 2000's V8 Commodore with 300,000km should only be asking around $5k (I'm being generous here), not the $10-12k some people are asking...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Prices of good used cars were definitely silly & still are, but I think most people realise that even a well maintained Commodore with nearly 300k kms on it is pretty-much EOL. :)

It’s totally fair to say you won’t pay more than $10k for a 2017 Commodore, but while others will pay much more it means you simply won’t be buying one - or anything like one.

Yup, got that right.....

I admit I'm a tight wad and stuck in the ages where I love the KISS system with my cars....Just hope Greta doesn't get her way before I kick the bucket, otherwise I'm screwed

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Yup, got that right.....

I admit I'm a tight wad and stuck in the ages where I love the KISS system with my cars....Just hope Greta doesn't get her way before I kick the bucket, otherwise I'm screwed
The human race is either going extinct or Greta’s getting her way, I actually think Greta getting her way is the better option. :)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The human race is either going extinct or Greta’s getting her way, I actually think Greta getting her way is the better option. :)

I'm sure Greta will get her way...The million dollar question is whether I'm around when it happens or not.....But unfortunately I have no crystal ball so I can only wait and see ;)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Our extinction may be due to us as a species acting too slowly on climate change but more so acting too slowly on AI.

Greta‘s solution may yield some results though I think it’s already too late but such may still not be enough for our robot overloads to not bring forth the ultimate solution :eek:

As such, I suspect our demise will probably be a combination of warming induced famine along with out robot overlords deciding us meat bags are too damaging to the planet. We‘ll probably be culled on two fronts to achieve a manageable heard on this 3rd rock from the sun :oops:

So I’m not sure whether the choices is a simple one of Greta or global warming :p