Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Foaming VP

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
i could only sqeauze a 14.96 out of mine un opened, but that was in heat soo it could have done a 14.8 easy!

foam you still need to run the 1/4 mile... we will plan a weekend where we all go to the same track (all the fast 5Ls) for a grudge match :p

What just me and reaper racing with everyone else watching ;)?

nathans1987

Reaction score
Website
4316.awardspace.com
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6
14 seconds is fast for a 5L considering the amount of work to get there from stock.

i didnt need to do anything apart from exhaust which was way to big for it anyway :p it did a 14.6 with a 2.6 second 60 foot time because it was sidways. foamy gets a 2.1 60 foot so i would assume if i had grip atleast a 2.2 is viable which would be around 14.2-14.3 still untuned no CIA. sounds pretty easy to get a 5L into the 14's to me.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
14 seconds isnt fast for a 5L :p haha 11 or under is a fast 5L.

Hehehe - go buy yourself a 5L and see how fast you can get it going without removing so much as a rocker cover.

Reaper

nathans1987

Reaction score
Website
4316.awardspace.com
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6
Hehehe - go buy yourself a 5L and see how fast you can get it going without removing so much as a rocker cover.

Reaper

about 15 flat, give or take abit but all mine had was an exhaust that isnt really a vey big mod in my eyes its still unopened its an easy and cheap thing to do which makes it quite east to get a 14 second pass unless you think installing a exhaust is hard? apart from that i hadnt done anything. i still dont think a 14 is fast for a 5L

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I rekcon with an exhaust (I was only running a almost stock exahust) and tune all the little simple mods you can go 13's in a manual 5 litre no problem. Little bit harder in a auto because you can't pull drastic 4000 rpm launches and plus you are down 10rwkw everywhere before you even drive it and another 6+rwkw for the irs and it's getting a bit hard. My 60 foot time got down to 2.06's at one stage, pretty good for a auto. Far as I know no ones gone under 2.0 in any kind of unopened 5 litre ever, even in a manual but no doubt it's possible given my auto time. But I don't think you can do more than about a 13.9 without playing manifolds. I wouldn't have been able to break a 14.2 in mine, it just didnt have the top end on that exhaust. You need to be able to make a touch over 100 mph to be on the a 13 and I've never seen anyone get even close to that in a auto 5 litre. I might have been up for 97-98 but that's still along way short (about a manual box and exhaust) of the power you need

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
nathan most 5L's will strungle to do a 14 espeically in stock form!

my best 60fter has been 2.22 in a auto IRS full load

any plus 0-60ft times is what i was refering to, after all for street cars by the time 1/4 has passed your going to crash into something on the street or get anal ****ed by the cops :p

what does your ls1 do 0-60? :p

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
greenfoam it was the irs in the stato which made it launch harder and faster than my live axle i have at the moment, its a good thing for drags but not donuts and burnouts!