Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register
Brett_jjj
Rating:
0%
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About Feedback Stats

• G'Day Brett, what is the 2nd instrument in your avatar...I guess the first is the Tech1, but the second?
    Regards
    Hako
    Hi mate, i have a stock vr v6 5 speed running a gt35 copy turbo it has a delcowizzard tune in it at the moment but has bad idle and flat spot in partial pedal i bort it like this the bloke i bort it of said it has been like that since that tune was put in it and that delcowizzadrd was happy to fix it but never got around to sending it back to him i have had the car a couple of months now i have gone over the car a few times to make sure it was nothing else causing the problem i have tried to get hold of delcowizzard with no luck i am in a real pickle with it as i cant afford to pay out $1000 for a tune i have seen on here that you do them every now and then i would realy appreciate it if you could help me i would pay you for your troubles i could get you a stock memcal from the wreckers and pay for the postage
    #### YEAH MATE!! the custom chip you programmed for me off an old memcal is AWESOME!! i dont even have to go above 1/4 throttle, kicks down through the gears nicely, eager to rev and very responsive throttle, so much torque down low, starts and idles at 750-800 perfectly...mate your a genious so happy! ill post dyno sheets up here for ya mate as soon as i get them done :) :) :)
    To remove the suspension unit jack up the front of the vehicle and support on chassis stands.remove the front wheel.Remove the upper sway bar link nut,washer and bush.
    remove the brake caliper bolts,and undo the brake hose from the suspension unit.and secure the caliper with tie wire,tie it out of the way.
    On modelsa with ABS,remove the ABS sensor wire from the suspension unit by squeezing in the rubber grommet and easing it from the bracket.
    Using a jack and a piece of flat timber support the weight of the suspension unit under the lower control arm.
    while holding the piston rod stationary with a spanner or socket,remove the suspension unit to support plate nut and locating washer.Discard the nut.
    sorry to bother you but I really want to change my struts tomorrow and I do not know which mounts to use - I have posted a question about this but it doesn't help. I know from previous posts that you are impressed with nolathane and need your input for me fitting nolathane strut mounts with bearings on a VR BT1 with FE2 suspension that does city driving. I have searched the internet and every site is the same as here - bloody divided. Once again sorry to bother and contact you privately.
    regards
    Tony
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…