Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

08 sv6 problems?

kane.j

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
hey, new to the forum and just after advice. i have a 2008 ve sv6, purchased 7 months ago with 16,000 kms on it. it not has 30,000 and the problems are starting. when the car has been in the sun for a period after driving for a few minutes the stability control will turn off and you are then unable to turn it back on. once this starts its not far behiend when the gear box does not change through the gears, the car is an auto. it was drop down a gear and rev to 4-5000 revs for a period then will change and keep doing it over and over again. and for the past week or so when its having the gear problem you may go to put your foot down to accelerate and it will not do anything you have to take it off completly then try again. took the car to the local goodyear who i have always delt with and due to the fact that the car was not having the issue when it was there they could not pin point it. am i up **** creek without a paddle? any advice would be great!

thanks

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Take it back to Holden and get them to check it out, something is clearly wrong.

kane.j

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
its outside of the warranty period, would i be up for alot of money to get it checked?

Mitch-VE6LTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS series 2
Generally not. A scan usually doesn't cost much. The repairs however COULD be a different story.

kane.j

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
thats the part im scared about, the car is amazing when it works properly.