Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

110 km/ph in a 60 zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
digitok said:
Umm, lost your license for doing over 100? Were you on your L's or something? I know that at least in WA P platers have only the same restrictions as full license holders..

Cheers,
Dan

on my p's, 100+ is instant loss of licence

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
My brother got done for speeding (very high speed) 2 years loss of licence, had to redo driving test, he got them, got booked again recently, lost licence again- only 3months this time though. Goes to show some idiots never learn!

vl1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Executive
Troy711 said:
here is your answer mate... i asked about this in another thread

does that answer your question? basiclly you are f*cked. and being a P plater they wont be easy on you, even if you have a perfect driving record.

so say hello to your new criminal record!

Speeding per se is not a criminal offence and you will not receive a criminal conviction. Speeding is what is known as a strict liability offence, strict liability offences may be committed without intention, recklessness or negligence. For a criminal offence to occur there must be two main elements - the prohibited conduct and the mental element of a guilty mind or intention. Dangerous driving is also a strict liability offence. Driving at in excess of 45km over the speed limit does not in itself amount to dangerous driving but it may be a relevant consideration/factor. Strict liability driving offences bear mandatory penalties. Serious driving offences carry with them penalties equivalent to penalties for criminal convictions.

I suggest that you get in touch with a community based legal service, they will be able to help you out with some free legal advice in respect of rights relating to this incident, check out this site for more info.

Last edited:

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
i read in another thread that in some states when you get a speeding ticket pay by check and pay extra 50 cents or $1 .... gov will sent back a cheque to you for 50 cents or $1 ... but do NOT cash that cheque and the points will not ever come off your lisence... they didnt say how or why this happens...

hothousevn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S2 3.8L
minux said:
Just curious, how do you even do 110 in a 60 zone? There is no defence for stupidity. I just can't believe people are so stupid as to do these things in zones that are 60 for a reason.

Hopefully you cant have a licence again for a few years, maybe then you will learn your lesson....but i doubt it.

Yeh probly not because im still young

Christina i was holding speed for about 10 seconds with the cop behind me the whole time.. i was dragging my friends vs(stupid i know) who was next to me also doing same speed..

Vl1234 thanks

But seriously, losing my licence for 6 months i should wake up and learn from my mistakes and this was probly for the best before i got into an accident (again)

PaRaDoX

From the old days
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW N54 Twin Turbo
*Sigh* once i was doing 190km/h in a 60 zone... drove past a copper...
they're was a medium inbetween the road so it took him some time to turn around... i wasnt stopping..... i got out of there way before he was able to turn round.. that kinda scared me straight now i use cruize control and my speed sensor so it beeps at me if i speed.. i hope you learnt your lesson, being the fact your only 17 means your inexperianced like me...

110 aint so bad tho... they're was a p plater that got done for 260km/h OVER THE LIMIT now thats a BLOODY good effort... mmm must have been a 6 speed manual with the biggest ****ing gear ratio's ever

but mate id say your rooted thats 50km/h over the limit, expect round a $700 fine if, IF they only slap you with excessive speeing
your most likely looking at more than 1 offence dude..

wreckless driving - 3 points
Excessive speeding by more than 45km/h - 6 points

my brothers girlfriend was fiddling with her cd player and crossed doubble lines and had a headon with a truck at 80km/h
she wasnt able to walk out of it with a badly cut up leg, both cars were a write off

she had to face a court, they tried to charge her with
wreckless driving - 3 points
crossing doubble lines - 3 points
the police dropped the crossing doubble line charge due to a nice judge
she got fined like $350, kept her licence and was forced to complete a defensive driving course

court can go anyway but man its best to AVOID IT... you did it cop it on the chin and move on
if you take it to court and loose you'll be out of pocket more and you probbly will loose

Jon Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series 2
I had exactly the same thing i got done for 109 in a 60 zone. Im in QLD so i copped a 6 month suspension plus a $700 fine. In QLD if ur more that 40k over its automatic 6 month susp plus the $700 fine. Anyway 6months without driving, it was the worst f*&%^in thing ever. Take the penalty mate your an idiot for speeding like that just like I was, If you lose your licence, and if you love driving and ur car like u say u do, u will never do it again. I have had my licence back for a month know and i am still paranoid about coppers. Goes to show that a lil fun aint worth it cause it will affect much more than not being able to drive!!!

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
Hangon a sec guys...when the soccer was on...I got done doing 108 in a hundred zone across the west gate...so speeding but by less than 10 km. I got $131 fine and 1 demerit point. month after that I got caught doing 58 in a 40 zone. I also got caught with one P plate at the same time. I got a fine of $215 for speeding and 3 demerit points. I got $113 for not displaying p-plate and an additional 3 points. so thats a total of 7 points. Now I rang up vic roads thinking there goes my precious car and out comes the push bike like a wanker after smashing my D600 and putting my hand through my door and needing 6 stiches in my knuckle (What a dick :bang: ) and asked them whats going to happen. She told P-platers are allocated 5 points and now because I have gone over...once I pay the fines...the paperwork will all go through and they will find out how many points I have lost. So she told me I will be sent a letter with 2 choices...

Choice 1: Lose the licence for 3 months...after the 3 months is up...all my 5 points return

Choice 2: Keep the licence and go onto a 12 month bond...if I incur one more point within those 12 months...I lose my licence for 6 months.

After finding out this I regretted smashing my $800 phone and my hand only hurt more...

Now I am yet to pay the fines...so once I do...I will be sent this choice letter...but now that you are saying this...Im kinda gettin a bit worried. although the lady from vic roads said that I will certainly be sent this and have this choice so maybe its different for you because you were way over the limit or??? whats the go here?

By the way...I definetly learnt my lesson since then I have been driving like a Grandma ever since...using the speed alert everwhere I go...12 months is a long time. 1 point to hang on to.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Troy711 said:
here is your answer mate... i asked about this in another thread

does that answer your question? basiclly you are f*cked. and being a P plater they wont be easy on you, even if you have a perfect driving record.

so say hello to your new criminal record!

It totally depends on what the officer books him with...Seeing that he didn't get booked or his licence confiscated on the spot then I'd say nothing more will happen... I know a student at my TAFE who recently was doing a similar speed and he had his licence taken on the spot and 6mths disqualification and $500+ fine written out...so he says.

S Pack

Topped out @ 230kph
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mercedes E-Class 2007, E220 CDI Wagon
I dont usually comment on these type of discussions but 110 in a 60 is ridiculous mate..........Dunno where u from but in qld even though there is more leaniency with speeding than other states over 40k's is automatic disqualification for 12months, $800 min.....u get an option for a 12 month 1 point liscence though where if u lose that point u lose ur liscence.that even includes not indicating if the cops wanna get u. my friend got done doing 160 in a 80 zone (usually 110 but roadworks) she didnt even realise til the cops got her 10 min later down the road. cop it all coz a 60 zone is not definitly the zone to be fu#kin about behind the wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.