Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1990 VN Commodore Executive Immobiliser Help

JR1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore Executive V6 3.8
I Recently lost the keys and factory Immobiliser to my VN commodore. I Called a Holden Dealership to get the key code which then I went to the locksmiths and got a new key cut. I tried starting the car with that key but will not turn over and the red security light does not switch off. I can not get a new immobiliser remote as holdens told me they do not make them any more, Is there anyway of bypass the immoliser with out too much hassle??

Also Got told there was a switch in the passenger door jam which I looked but definately nothing there nor the glove box.

Could anyone please help with any suggestions Thanks!!

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Hrm... by turn over do you mean the key will not turn or the engine will not turn over?
You sure it's a VN?

JR1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
The key will turn and all the lights come on the dash as normal but nothing on start position. Its definately a VN Executive 1990
Thanks

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Sure it isn't an aftermarket alarm/imobiliser?

JR1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
Definately Factory No alarm just imobiliser, I also replaced the battery before I tried starting it. Think that could have something to do with it?

1991VNvacationer

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Vacationer 1971 HQ Kingswood
Executives never came with a factory alarm system. Only calais came with it, it must be an aftermarket systems or a calais.