Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1993 Series II VP Calais

glasey2495

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VP Calais
too right i dont wanna throw out my old seats but they r taking up 2 much room in the shed and no1 wants 2 spend the time re trimming them. make sure u look after them they r hard 2 find.

how r u polishing up ur rims? btw they look good, i have a set of rims im thinking about doing the same with just not sure if i should try myself or get them done properly.

i'll be taking care of it for sure ! i started by using an orbital sander with 120 grit to take out the original machined lines then continued sanding by hand with 180, 240, 400, 800, 1200, 1500 & 2000 then used autosol metal polish with a machine buffer ! takes like 2 hours a rim but well worth it as i didn't want to pay someone 400 to do the lot

glasey2495

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VP Calais
cheers for the comments everyone else ! and it definitely won't be getting wrapped around a tree also i'd say to go for it and polish them up mate it's well worth it trust me

glasey2495

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VP Calais
stay tuned for more pics mid next week also as rims should be completely polished with new tyres ! also ordering some 1.5" flappers for the alloys (please don't anyone say they are dangerous as i had 2.5" flappers on stockies for a good 2 - 3 months and had no problems) also i've managed to track down a boot lip in victoria which i am currently trying to buy for $100

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
ahh killer! i wanted to go to that.. ohwell. TV will do.

yeah there is a name. its uhh.. 'JC adelaide-hang-out-at-kmart-anzac-highway-and-talk-****-on-friday-nights'

Its a good bunch just come up and say hi. 9-10ish should be there. yea pretty much every friday night

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
i'll be taking care of it for sure ! i started by using an orbital sander with 120 grit to take out the original machined lines then continued sanding by hand with 180, 240, 400, 800, 1200, 1500 & 2000 then used autosol metal polish with a machine buffer ! takes like 2 hours a rim but well worth it as i didn't want to pay someone 400 to do the lot

did u just do the lip by hand? yeah thats wat im debating atm, got quoted $150 a rim 2 get them polished i had no idea wat they should cost 2 do but i guess ur price gives me an idea approximately. might give them a go i dont think u can really **** them that much and if u do u can always paint over them :p hahaha do u have any slight swirl marks at all tho?

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
Love the Calais. Always had a soft spot for the VP's. Its a really really tidy example, just keep it clean, maintain it. Dont touch the outside. The leather looks mint!

Just missing the V8 rumble for the ultimate cruiser.

glasey2495

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VP Calais
ahh killer! i wanted to go to that.. ohwell. TV will do.

yeah there is a name. its uhh.. 'JC adelaide-hang-out-at-kmart-anzac-highway-and-talk-****-on-friday-nights'

Its a good bunch just come up and say hi. 9-10ish should be there. yea pretty much every friday night

well i'll make an effort to get to the one after this one mate !

did u just do the lip by hand? yeah thats wat im debating atm, got quoted $150 a rim 2 get them polished i had no idea wat they should cost 2 do but i guess ur price gives me an idea approximately. might give them a go i dont think u can really **** them that much and if u do u can always paint over them :p hahaha do u have any slight swirl marks at all tho?

yeah did the lip by hand ! that was probably the hardest bit buy i ended up using 120 grit for that to start off with which pretty much ate up all the machined grooves quite easily s worked well ! i yeah i'd give it a go yourself mate there isn't really anyway to stuff it up and the more time you spend on 1200, 1500 and 2000 the better it will come out ! and nah there wasn't any swirl marks