Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1995 VS Calais - A2A Cooled L67

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
Just a quick update with a few things I've done lately.

Last weekend I picked up a set of VE SS 18's off of a mate. They were already machined for earlier Commodores, so they went straight on.

Needed two tyres for the front, as the VE spec tyres were mm's aways from the struts.
Still using the VE tyres on the back, Left hand just needed some panel beating in the wheel arch to stop it rubbing when going over bumps.

Got my alloy fuel rails fitted up during the week.

All went smoothly, everything bolted straight on, and NO LEAKS! had some issues with leaking last time I put them on, some of the anodising off the fittings had got into the weld and created a pinhole leak.

Great to get rid of the lines over the blower, makes it a hell of a lot tidier.
Must say thanks to VRTIDY and Zapp for the idea and great instructions on how to make and fit them, and also the supply of the laser cut brackets.

Latest thing was fitting a VY indicator/cruise control stalk in place of the orginal.

Picked up a switch at the wreckers today, and wired it up. Had a second hand full body harness at work from a VY, so pinched the plugs off that. Came up good. Got high beam flash again now, been meaning to buy a new switch for awhile now.

The later model switches work so much more smoothly than the orginals. They've also got the twisty end for the cruise control instead of the buttons.

(excuse the hole in the dash, waiting on a fog light switch bezel)

Next thing is to get the exhaust done (still waiting!), and the shocks and springs fitted.

Also have a new VS SS front bar coming, saves having to cut out the holes for the foglights, which I know I will stuff up and they'll never be straight.

Well thats all for now,
Cheers,

Brendan

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
those fuel rails look great, do you have a link on how to make and fit them, i'd be keen to do it on mine.

Cheers

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
Alloy Fuel Rails How-To for L67

Just need a set of alloy fuel rails off a VS Ecotec (including the reg, and lines), taps to tap a thread for the speedflow fittings and for the bracket attaching points, and some speedflow fittings. The instructions are there to make the brackets. I opted to weld my fittings in, for peace of mind, and because I couldn't get the right tap.

Best thing about them is that because they don't go over the blower anymore, and are mounted to the LIM, they will work with W2A and A2A intercooler setups without the need for injector spacers.

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
Wow Brendan, the motor looks soo tidy with those new fuel rails! Glad to hear you didnt have any fuel leak issues with them this time!

Great improvements all round, getting better and better!

Top work!

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Alloy Fuel Rails How-To for L67

Just need a set of alloy fuel rails off a VS Ecotec (including the reg, and lines), taps to tap a thread for the speedflow fittings and for the bracket attaching points, and some speedflow fittings. The instructions are there to make the brackets. I opted to weld my fittings in, for peace of mind, and because I couldn't get the right tap.

Best thing about them is that because they don't go over the blower anymore, and are mounted to the LIM, they will work with W2A and A2A intercooler setups without the need for injector spacers.

Did you make or buy the brackets? welding alloy is not my specialty lol, shame i just sold my old vs ecotec motor for peanuts should have pulled the rails off it!

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
i bought the brackets of the guys that came up with the idea. they placed an order for 18 sets, and ended up with 180 sets so where selling them. all gone now though.

I got the local radiator shop to weld them up for me.

RoboticCherry-Coke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1
Sweet setup you get there mate. How does the L67 go with the T5? I am in the process of dropping an L67 into my Calais and am thinking about selling off the auto and fitting a T5. How much did the adapter set you back?