Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1j 2jz toyota or v6/v8 commodore

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Padricks is correct. The 2jz will handle about 1000hp on stock internals.. I would put them on the same level as the rb26dett. Some of the best engineering ever. A 2jz swap into anything instantly becomes awesome. I would buy a Turboed Jap i6 over any thing these days. The power to be made is ridiculous.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
GRPABT1

I'm not denying the fact you said they were great motor but you question whether it was a stock bottom end yes I agree that rod bolts isn't completely stock bu the things you suggest require so much Work that you might aswell rebuild the motor. Rod bolts are easy to do and only required sump removal.

I helped build kris' car did all the fabrication except manifold kris built and machined the engine himself and only balancing was outsourced. Another mate did all the wiring and we paid our tuner to tune it.

As reliability and lagyness if your in Melbourne I'm sure kris will take you for a drive in his car and show you how a well setup turbo goes. In third gear it will launch at full boost and keep going pulling strong all the way past the speed limit and I Garauntee that there is very very few cars that will match it.

As for track well some cars aren't really setup for circuit I'm sure in a straight and out of the corners it'll match most cars but circuit racing requires better corning and braking to be fast but wewill see there's a PI track day coming up and see how well it does out there

Arkas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Padricks is correct. The 2jz will handle about 1000hp on stock internals.. I would put them on the same level as the rb26dett. Some of the best engineering ever. A 2jz swap into anything instantly becomes awesome. I would buy a Turboed Jap i6 over any thing these days. The power to be made is ridiculous.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I'll bet they run 120mph with the "1000hp" as well..

Twat.

SirNemesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
WHII Statesman
Bahahahahahahaha you fail.. Please explain??

I don't need to explain. Ecotec + Turbo = Better than everything on the entire planet.

1000HP from a 2JZ on stock internals is an old wives tale. Yes, they can do 1000HP+, but good luck finding anything stock in a bottom end of one that is making that kind of power.

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
GRPABT1

I'm not denying the fact you said they were great motor but you question whether it was a stock bottom end yes I agree that rod bolts isn't completely stock bu the things you suggest require so much Work that you might aswell rebuild the motor. Rod bolts are easy to do and only required sump removal.

I helped build kris' car did all the fabrication except manifold kris built and machined the engine himself and only balancing was outsourced. Another mate did all the wiring and we paid our tuner to tune it.

As reliability and lagyness if your in Melbourne I'm sure kris will take you for a drive in his car and show you how a well setup turbo goes. In third gear it will launch at full boost and keep going pulling strong all the way past the speed limit and I Garauntee that there is very very few cars that will match it.

As for track well some cars aren't really setup for circuit I'm sure in a straight and out of the corners it'll match most cars but circuit racing requires better corning and braking to be fast but wewill see there's a PI track day coming up and see how well it does out there

Like I said, credit where it's due, good motor is good and all that. I'm interested though as to what needed (the outsourced) balancing if the bottom end was left in place, stock bearings and all that with just the rod bolts done with the sump off?

At the end of the day, only someone shooting for some kind of "unopened motor" record would put that much boost through a stock motor and would probably label them as disposable anyway.

And the bloke before mentioning his 1.6 60 foot times on stock turbos and 18psi, firstly that doesn't prove crap about lag cause you could have sat on the line for ages for all I know and secondly 18psi on stock turbos is not the 1000 killer wasps and 40psi uber turbo I was referring to is it?

And yeah I have a red tag beside my name, wow, do you have a gold star beside yours, a medal perhaps?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
400kw stock bottom end also...

Damn it. It's not even school holidays yet... What are we in for next school break? Lol
Ummmm you make 400rwkw with NOS if I'm not mistaken, so not like your driving around running that power all the time.