Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 VY S Manual Sedan!

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Yes. That'll change your mind. I was on the fence about turbo until I took a ride in a mates car..

Different ball game in the V8's too though.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
So my diff builder got back to me - Ordered a reconditioned 3.46 LSD, picking it up tonight after work.

Raptor has been organised also, I will send up my ECU on Monday, he will get it re-flashed and send it back down with injectors. I've been advised by him the car will run fine with the new tune without the charger so when it rocks up I can just install it (which is 2-3 weeks away).

I'm currently awaiting reply from Greg at ASR so i can ship up all my cluster/switches to him for recolouring, morphing needles and speedo correction.

All happening at once haha!

EDIT: Also won a set of VT SS rim's for $150 with good tread haha.. They're not the best wheel but they'll look heaps better than the shitty things I have on right now.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
You'll have to take me for a ride in a real turbo car ;).

Will be a short trip since he will break something on it :p

I've been advised by him the car will run fine with the new tune without the charger so when it rocks up I can just install it (which is 2-3 weeks away).

I'm still failing to see how installing 36lb injectors and the supercharger tune will run 'fine' without the supercharger to be honest, i reckon it's going to run like ass and be rich as a mother ####er.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Will be a short trip since he will break something on it :p

This guy, I'll have you know it's been daily for two weeks now and the throttlebody hose has only popped off once.

I'm still failing to see how installing 36lb injectors and the supercharger tune will run 'fine' without the supercharger to be honest, i reckon it's going to run like ass and be rich as a mother ####er.

It should idle at least. Run a rising rate fuel reg and tune for that, then you'll be ok. Fuel will vary if you get some boost, more boost, no boost.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
It should idle at least. Run a rising rate fuel reg and tune for that, then you'll be ok. Fuel will vary if you get some boost, more boost, no boost.

I'll take Tim's word for it, if it doesn't run i'll just await the charger. But by the sounds of it there should be no issues.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Little update!

As of last night the car starting to miss and when I turned right, the steering kept getting stuck.

Found out the steer link pins were loose, and flogged out so new ones will be on order.

I've ordered new plugs and leads as I haven't done them yet. Car today was running perfect so it's being tempermental.

Also fitted up the new 3.46 LSD last night with my mate, runs sweet. Had to make sure it was definitely LSD :D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 1 Tonner S V6 Raptor Charged!
I'll take Tim's word for it, if it doesn't run i'll just await the charger. But by the sounds of it there should be no issues.

It will run fine. Mine has been fine when the charger is off getting serviced.