Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 VY S Manual Sedan!

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
I'd say in the low to mid range revs (2000-4000), intercooled is noticeably stronger, but above that it's pretty close. That's just my take on it. Other guys with raptors may say otherwise.

Sounds pretty good, torque is where you want it though. If you end up having more down-low you probably never use the whole gear.

The best thing about Raptor is the customer support. If you have ANY questions at all, just email or call Tim. I've emailed him at 9pm and had a response in 5 minutes. He is very dedicated, and a top bloke!

Tim has been very helpful, got him at a bad time though considering he just moved WH haha.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Plugs and leads all done today. Did a dodgy job regapping plugs from 1.5mm to .85mm due to the stupid gapper wheel i had but hopefully it worked alright.

Been advised my ECU from Raptor is already coming down tomorrow along with injectors, and my colour conversion should be back in my hands Friday so hopefully all driveable for the weekend until the charger arrives.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Well just to ensure that my spark issue wasn't going to come back, I fitted a healthy second hand coil pack and DFI module today.

I still think it may have been the old plugs or leads, the plugs has corrosion on them and we're pretty due to be changed.

As it's currently sitting - everything is unbolted just awaiting the injectors to come so i can put it all back together! Injectors, ECU and all car switches are now due tomorrow.. hopefully there's no freight issues.

One day the plenum may get polished - Could of opted for the charger to be polished for $120... but decided against it.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 1 Tonner S V6 Raptor Charged!
Well just to ensure that my spark issue wasn't going to come back, I fitted a healthy second hand coil pack and DFI module today.

I still think it may have been the old plugs or leads, the plugs has corrosion on them and we're pretty due to be changed.

As it's currently sitting - everything is unbolted just awaiting the injectors to come so i can put it all back together! Injectors, ECU and all car switches are now due tomorrow.. hopefully there's no freight issues.

One day the plenum may get polished - Could of opted for the charger to be polished for $120... but decided against it.

Instead of polishing the plenum lid maybe think about painting it. I painted mine gloss black. I reckon it looks pretty smart.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
That's a very neat looking car and you're gonna love the Raptor mate, I had a VS with one on it, unintercooled and it was loads of fun. Couldn't agree more with vy1tonnerbloke too, Tim is fantastic, great bloke and always willing to help out and answer any questions.

Cheers mate i'm trying haha! Hopefully the Raptor is as good as I'm hoping.

Tim has been very helpful, called him tonight to ask if i had a PCM issue or cluster issue as when i started my car back up it had a very low fuel warning (when i know it had fuel in it) and it only went up when i put more fuel in.. Might fill it completely and see if it fixes it.

Instead of polishing the plenum lid maybe think about painting it. I painted mine gloss black. I reckon it looks pretty smart.

I thought about painting it but i'm unsure as of yet - I've never gone for a good looking bay so I may end go down the polishing path, i'll figure it out in the future.

Updates: Fitted my new injectors, new tuned PCM from Raptor and all my switches/cluster back in tonight.

I put it all back together expecting something to go wrong, and suprisingly there was pretty much nothing. It all went smoothly (besides the fuel guage not reading any existing fuel)

Injectors were a bit of a prick to change leaking fuel everywhere (as I forgot to prime it before hand but car was unstartable at that stage) and one of the bloody O-rings got stuck in the holder so had fun getting that out. Ended up using a spring puller, had a great angle to pull it out.

Car runs and idles great, absolutely no miss even with my dodgy gap changing on plugs, new leads, new DFI and coilpack on the new tune. Car is slightly less powerful being tuned for the raptor, but still more than driveable.

Also got Greg to adjust my PPK value to accomidate the 3.46 gears i got fitted, but seems speedo went the opposite way. Showing 60kph my GPS says 63KPH, and at 100KPH i'm doing about 106KPH.. Bit scary when it comes to speed cameras and **** these days but I think it'll be fine considering it's not that much difference.

Pictures on the conversion and my shitty headunit:

Edit: Have updated the first page, also looking to get these ordered before the charger arrives (but boost/volts) - Only issue is that my stereo wiring is fkd. Would love to use the remote wire from behind the stereo to turn them on, and wire as per normal but I wouldn't know what is what without pulling all the **** apart. When I rewire, I'm wondering if I should just buy a bunch of speaker wire and just resolder them all but issue would be that they're all different colours.

$_57.JPG

I'm also having issues again when i turn right, something gets caught on my steering and i have to force it. Found it previously that the sway bar is hoping over the caster rod due to worn out link pins.

I'll be ordering these tomorrow:

$_12.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 1 Tonner S V6 Raptor Charged!
This is my engine bay just to show you what the plenum lid looks like painted black. Tim uses it as the image for the VT-VY charger on the website. Raptor Superchargers

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
I'm not too sure on the black look - out of curiousity what paint did you use?

MOAR UPDATES:

Bought some door cards really cheap (as buying speaker covers by themselves cost a fortune)

Changed my door cards over and barely any more cracks (still one passenger door I need to change, both were stuffed)

Also, on the drive to get there thought i'd test out the new tune and see what my milage is - I can't believe I got 7.9L/100kms on an average 36.4klms (would of been roughly 40klms as my speedo is out still - at 95kph i'm doing 102kph).
Used to average 15-16L/100km, but my old injectors seemed screwed.

My cluster is getting re-sent to Phreddy to be redone, speedo should be back on Thursday and then hopefully the charger next week :)

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
My cluster is getting re-sent to Phreddy to be redone, speedo should be back on Thursday and then hopefully the charger next week :)

Something go wrong?

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Something go wrong?

Just the wrong PPK value set on the speedo so it is coming up with the wrong speed. Besides that his work is top-notch as always.

I advised him the correct PPK for 3.73 LSD, but by the time i went through with the order I ended up with 3.46 LSD. I gave him the new PPK value to suit but he accidently went off the original email and set it to the wrong value.

No harm, just means no car again for another four days.