Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2005 VZ Storm S Ute Turismo Blue

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
oh basically it was running on low crappy oil and low water, its partially my fault cos i never checked them all the time, i checked the oil once but from what i could tell it seemed fine on the dipstick. ill either try to hunt down a secondhand engine or try to get a new block and parts and rebuild my engine, eitherway itll be off the road for a while sadly

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
oh basically it was running on low crappy oil and low water, its partially my fault cos i never checked them all the time, i checked the oil once but from what i could tell it seemed fine on the dipstick. ill either try to hunt down a secondhand engine or try to get a new block and parts and rebuild my engine, eitherway itll be off the road for a while sadly

Get on eBay and buy one of those motors from the wreckers on there - it'll be considerably cheaper than rebuilding yours.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
so a pretty big update, ordered a second hand engine from payless in penrith today, should be here on wednesday, only got 82000 kms on it to which is alright, but f@rk its hard to find an engine for these hahah and the mechanic reckons ill have it back end of next week. i really cant wait till the end of next week, i miss my ute :( lol

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Bad news man!

Rule 1 to all buyers: Service it, doesn't matter if the oil is brand new and you can tell, do it anyway with plugs and both filters haha..

Always have always will..

Hopefully you get it back up and running soon bud!

TurismoBlueStormUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Storm S Ute Turismo Blue
hey mate ive got a ute the exact same just bought it last month sorry to hear about you engine.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bad news man!

Rule 1 to all buyers: Service it, doesn't matter if the oil is brand new and you can tell, do it anyway with plugs and both filters haha..

Always have always will..

Hopefully you get it back up and running soon bud!

yeah first time buyers inexperience :/ learnt the lesson the hard way lol now itll be a service every 5000 km on the dot haha thanks too bud

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
for all whos interested got my ute back, all fixed up now :D yeah buddy haha so mods should start up again soon, i dunno wether to save up and get a new headunit or a exhaust???