Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0ltr

RicheCV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY CV8 Monaro
Hey RicheCV8,

Thanks for the comment mate, its good to know people like it as much as i do.
As for the springs they are Pedders Sportsryder Springs.
The fronts are SL and the rears are SSL. I have the part numbers if you would like them.

ZOMBIE

Thanks ZOMBIE, I am thinking of lowering the Monaro but a little worried about clearance with the Pacemaker headers.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Zombie: I'm painting my calipers soon too haha now that i have some 'spoked' wheels - what colour are you going? My car is white so thinking of going red. And i hear those phillips globes are great, last time i cheaped out and got the super cheap ones which were no better than stock.

Cheers.

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
Thanks ZOMBIE, I am thinking of lowering the Monaro but a little worried about clearance with the Pacemaker headers.

Hey RicheCV8,

You should be fine with clearance with SL's in the front.
What springs are you thinking about putting in?
Your Monaro is sweet, but it would look the goods lowered.

ZOMBIE

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
Zombie: I'm painting my calipers soon too haha now that i have some 'spoked' wheels - what colour are you going? My car is white so thinking of going red. And i hear those phillips globes are great, last time i cheaped out and got the super cheap ones which were no better than stock.

Cheers.

Sweefu,

Im thinking of painting my calipers red, always looks good and will match with my pedders springs and shocks that you can see through my wheels.
Red calipers would look good with a white car, but some of the new HSV's are coming out with yellow calipers on there white cars which i have seen.
As for the Phillips globes im not sure which ones to go, either the 4300k or the 5000k (which look a little too blue), i have purchased the cheap ones before too, big waste of money!

ZOMBIE

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
wtf chrome vinyl did that?? amazing shizz needa get myself a can

Dijm8,

Yeah the chrome turned out pretty awesome i think, sets the front of the car off.
You cant get in a can though, its chrome vinyl sticker, I got it from my girlfriends dad who is a signwriter.

Oh and I cant wait to see your VZ become a beast, I was a huge fan of your VX Calais.

ZOMBIE

RicheCV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY CV8 Monaro
Hey RicheCV8,

You should be fine with clearance with SL's in the front.
What springs are you thinking about putting in?
Your Monaro is sweet, but it would look the goods lowered.

ZOMBIE

Thanks mate, researching tonight actually but I may have some bad news. I might sell the Monaro and go for something with a few more horses....

Yes, thats right.

Either that or convert it to a LS3..... How people are going to tell me not to do this.

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
Thanks mate, researching tonight actually but I may have some bad news. I might sell the Monaro and go for something with a few more horses....

Yes, thats right.

Either that or convert it to a LS3..... How people are going to tell me not to do this.

LS3 conversion would be nuts but yeah do you alter a monaro, i dont know.
What would you think of getting with more HP??

Depending what the car is and what its going to be used for obviously changes the ride height but i do think cars that are sitting low and level are awesome!!

ZOMBIE

RicheCV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY CV8 Monaro
LS3 conversion would be nuts but yeah do you alter a monaro, i dont know.
What would you think of getting with more HP??

Depending what the car is and what its going to be used for obviously changes the ride height but i do think cars that are sitting low and level are awesome!!

ZOMBIE

I just wrote this mammoth post and it freakin deleted it.

Low and level would be the idea but since it is a daily not to low.

If I installed an LS3 i guess it wouldnt really be a future classic anymore.

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
Dijm8,

Yeah the chrome turned out pretty awesome i think, sets the front of the car off.
You cant get in a can though, its chrome vinyl sticker, I got it from my girlfriends dad who is a signwriter.

Oh and I cant wait to see your VZ become a beast, I was a huge fan of your VX Calais.

ZOMBIE

ah yehh, i think i might look into that, was actually looking for a chrome grill last week but could'nt find it anywhere, sets it nicely,
:p cheerz m8 was sad to see the calais go, but moving onto bigger and better things with this, got a long way to go haha