Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 WM Statesman p2127 and p2138 codes

DestroyedHopes

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesmen
So I have recently bought this car that has just been slowly revealing more issues and the biggest ones are the codes p2127 and p2138 that put my car in safe mode and turn off my traction control. I have replaced the throttle body and starter motor and still waiting on an accelerator pedal to arrive to replace the current pedal to see if that is the issue. the codes and safe mode come and go randomly.

like this morning I drove to work with the check engine code p2127 which drove fine and didn't put me into safe mode. and when I took it down to the smoko shop to get a feed at lunch there was no check engine code and ran sweet for the rest of the day till I was pulling into my driveway after work and it gave me the p2127 code and put me into safe mode straight away which it was roughly 25 min drive home. originally it was the p2138 code till we replaced the throttle body then it became the p2127 and usually it will start as a p2138 and then change to a p2127. I was thinking of making the car do the relearn procedure to see if that would help it but there was a list of things that had to be checked before doing it. so I went into engineering mode to check them and found out my throttle position with the engine off was at 27.8% and if I would tap the throttle it would go down to 3.9% for a little bit and then would make a tick sound like the sensor was resetting and it would go back to 27.8%.

Sorry, for the long post, I have been trying to get this sorted, and every time I take it to a mechanic they say just replace the throttle body which I already have twice.

Attachments

• throttle position.jpg
    throttle position.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 65

DestroyedHopes

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesmen
Update: I changed the acceleration pedal and replaced the battery, it worked for a 20-minute drive and then the check engine has come back up with p2127 and esp off and safe mode activated. I checked the throttle position again and it would sit at 27.8% but then go down to 3.9% - 10.7% and jump back up to 27.8% for a bit and just repeat that cycle.
Do I need to do something for it to learn the new pedal or drive it for a bit to learn it over time?