Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my ongoing saga with this money gulping piece of VE crap

gazzat

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve 3.6L commodore omega automatic
Hi guys, to all people that might be watching this ongoing thread. Ok i still have ABS problem , steady ABS light on IC as well as MIL light stays on, constantly reminder of that and Traction control not working still going into limp/safety mode after about 5 klms of driving cruise control not working (push button in and says cruise on but i cannot set the speed) and still have the P0500 speed sensor and P2138 Throttle/pedal position sensor/switch 'D'/'E' voltage correlation, scanner cannot now read VSS using the scanner plugged into OBDll port but the analog and the digital speedo works ok. Ok brand new alternator $400 thank you very much, brand new heavy duty battery $376 thank you very much, 2nd hand pedal throttle assembly $50 thank you very much all for nothing, and here it is 16/2 and my rego expires on 18/2 and they wont pass it with these problems. So sounds like the ECU or the EBCM needs replacing aaand then mega bucks re programming. Cheers Garry

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
These problems can only be genuinely solved with more sophisticated skills and equipment.

In your current situation, without them, you’ll have to replace the car bit by bit in an effort to randomly solve the issue.

gazzat

Reaction score
Members Ride
These problems can only be genuinely solved with more sophisticated skills and equipment.

In your current situation, without them, you’ll have to replace the car bit by bit in an effort to randomly solve the issue.
yep it certainly looks like that

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You could clean the sensors and have a look at the rear harness'. That will only cost you time. You may need a torx ring spanner though. IIRC that's what I used to remove them.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
think the wheel sensors are common fault on these they run across the diff to the wheel

This is vaild,

You need to get someone with a bidirectional scan tool to scan it.
As Fu said, the equipment needed to diagnose this is expensive.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
If it was a VH Commodore, it’s easy to find faults. Now we have vehicle networks and levels of technology that mean old fashioned methods from 30 or 40 years ago are just not feasible to get a solution. We just can’t. Yet here are all these cars sitting in driveways.

gazzat

Reaction score
Members Ride
You could clean the sensors and have a look at the rear harness'. That will only cost you time. You may need a torx ring spanner though. IIRC that's what I used to remove them.
i have checked the harness for continuity pin to pin end to end but i cant get the 12 volt at the plugs and have tested the sensors but whilst i get a resistance reading i don't know what it should be, i have put numerous request on the forum if anybody knows (like if any one has brought new ones and measured the resistance of the new ones before they install them, i certainly know if i buy new sensors i will be doing that and publish it on this forum for forum users to have a reference point, get them a start point)

gazzat

Reaction score
Members Ride
If it was a VH Commodore, it’s easy to find faults. Now we have vehicle networks and levels of technology that mean old fashioned methods from 30 or 40 years ago are just not feasible to get a solution. We just can’t. Yet here are all these cars sitting in driveways.
yep and we are supposed to be advancing, as i mentioned previously you should be given the option to buy or given a scanner and a how to book for dummies when buying these new car.

gazzat

Reaction score
Members Ride
sorry i forgot to mention that i could under stand 1 wheel sensor maybe going but the 4 of them packing it in at the same time and while i appreciate the help that some people suggest i don't think they read it correctly, as i say i mention stuff and get replies back that have nothing to do with my problems.