Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2008 Ve commodore alternater problem

shaydo27

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Ve commodore Sv6 sports wagon
I changed the alternater on my 2008 ve commodore I pulled out the old alternater to match up the codes for the right one I then started to remove the wiring that was in my way so I could make room to work there is 2 plugs that I took off while I was doing the replacement they are 2 big plugs that go in just under the fuse box I then took the belt off undone the bolts in to the block I removed the the alternater pulled it out removed and the earth and the plug to the alternater and the replayed the process to put the alternater back in to the car the I then tryed to start the car and it would kick over but then die straight away I got a new battery and it’s still doing it I have no idea why but now there is codes on the computer the is break light no traction control abs fault can anyone please help

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Please tell me you did this with battery negative disconnected in the back of the car.