Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2009 LLT VE SV6 Smoke And Misfire When Low On Fuel?

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
Hardley a Furphy... Lay off the TV commercials mate.

It's a common occurrence with EFI's as all the sediment settles on the bottom of the fuel tank.

It may not happen right away, but slowly-slowly it will get into the injectors & cause the little spray nozzles to foul up.

You can laugh all you want & make fun of me, it doesn't bother me or hurt me.

I've seen injectors being put through the injector cleaner system & the havoc that can be caused by contaminants.

P.S.
I've been running my EFI cars to dead empty & then switching over to LPG, it hasn't happened to me personally... yet!!!
Few years ago lads VE dual fuel berlina the fuel pump died at around 240k, did the drop the tank bullshit at home and installed new pump, the tank was clean as a whistle no crap(or as BP would say Dirt) in the tank at all.

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Never seen that or any commercial that plays on Furphy and until your links had never heard of Furphy beer ;)

Why not be extra safe and make sure you don’t go under 3/4 of a tank :cool:

Me, I’ll continue to do what I’ve always done :cool:
Could always run an extension hose to the servo & keep the tank always at 4/4 ;)

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Few years ago lads VE dual fuel berlina the fuel pump died at around 240k, did the drop the tank bullshit at home and installed new pump, the tank was clean as a whistle no crap(or as BP would say Dirt) in the tank at all.
Fuel pumps are known to go...