Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

200kw na v6

FATMAT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
I reckon it would be possible, but imagine how bad tempered it would be in traffic! It would have to be stroked, huge compression, huge cam, extensive dyno tuning, and so much more. You would also have to find a reputable engine builder that can actually extract that much from a n/a v6 aswell. Then once you have the 200rwkw motor you'll need a good box behind it. I honestly think you would use the $8000 in parts alone mate, if not more.
I'm not trying to sound like a know it all, please forgive me if i am, but to give you an idea of the money aspect of engine building, Street Commodores Project V6 Vengeance total cost was $20,000 and it didn't even break into a 10 sec pass by the time the project was finished, and that was boosted. I think the total cost in N/A form was about $13000 and it ran a best of 13.9 or there abouts (anyone know exactly what it ran in n/a form?).
But having said all that go for it and see what you can do with it, you might be suprised with what you end up with. I reckon even 175 rwkw would be a hell of a lot of fun!
Good luck with it mate.
Matt.

vpcalais6

F#%ING [P] PLATER
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
V6 manual vp Calais
i hav already pulled the motor down and got a price on the 4.2l stroker kit $1800 so ill just give it a go and see what i can get its just a project 2 keep me busy while i have lost my licence and i would love 2 be able 2 beat v8's with a six

vpcalais6

F#%ING [P] PLATER
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
V6 manual vp Calais
i wont be doing any of the the machining need but yes i will be building the motor myself

FATMAT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
I just had a look at the best of v6 vengeance edition of street commodores, and it ran a 13.7 in n/a form with full interior and 3.45 diff. Not too shabby i reckon!

feistl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 6.3L/M6
Mate, its more than possible, its actually not that hard....

But, you'll need to scrap the Buick V6. If you've got the cash get your hands on a Alloytec 190 with a 6 speed manual. You should be able to do the conversion for $5-6k, then a few internal upgrades and you'll be looking at around 250kw. Plus it will be very fuel economical and reliable.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
I reckon it would be possible, but imagine how bad tempered it would be in traffic! It would have to be stroked, huge compression, huge cam, extensive dyno tuning, and so much more. You would also have to find a reputable engine builder that can actually extract that much from a n/a v6 aswell. Then once you have the 200rwkw motor you'll need a good box behind it. I honestly think you would use the $8000 in parts alone mate, if not more.
I'm not trying to sound like a know it all, please forgive me if i am, but to give you an idea of the money aspect of engine building, Street Commodores Project V6 Vengeance total cost was $20,000 and it didn't even break into a 10 sec pass by the time the project was finished, and that was boosted. I think the total cost in N/A form was about $13000 and it ran a best of 13.9 or there abouts (anyone know exactly what it ran in n/a form?).
But having said all that go for it and see what you can do with it, you might be suprised with what you end up with. I reckon even 175 rwkw would be a hell of a lot of fun!
Good luck with it mate.
Matt.

yeah, but a 200rwkw n/a V6 (buick or ecotec) could never be street registered so that wouldnt matter. to get to that sort of power (if its even possible on an n/a V6 - ill believe it when i see it) you'd be looking at a full race spec engine running on C16 or similar fuel and the exhaust and emissions would be totally illegal on the street.
the compression would be massive, like 14:1+ (thus the C16 fuel) and you'd need some wicked tough foundations to hold it all together. it would be a 20-30k engine at least...

the 200kw at the fly is pretty do-able, but not cheap. i had a bit over that with my stroker when it was n/a and that engine cost like $7k (thats just the engine, no tuning, or 'box or diff or anything else you'd need).