Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

200kw na v6

Mattmiddo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series II Calais V6
Mate, dont listen to everyone telling you what would be a better option etc etc. You know what you want and good on you. Do a google search for come racing. They are based in melbourne. They do a a stroker kit for the holden v6 making it 4.2 litres. Pre-ecotec and ecotec. From memory they qoute power figures of around 190kw with mild cam, stoker kit and full exhaust

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
At the flywheel for how many thousand dollars ?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
that would be 190kw at the fly - you'd expect anywhere around 200rwhp (150rwkw) from a n/a ecotec stroker from c.o.m.e.
which would - depending on if you can do installation yourself and where you get the tune from etc.. - be around the $6k+ range (just for the engine). but that is paying essencially for a new engine which is a good base for further work or a pretty nice fresh n/a V6.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
on the other forum.. under VR-VS,
title: VR COMMODORE V6 N/A WILL BE OFF THE ROAD SOON FOR FULL CUSTOM WORK
Member: andyJUSTA6

has a stroker running 194rwkw.. now i dont know if its a happy dyno, but similar to yours sircruise but NA. what was yours making NA? cant seem to find a figure in ur ride thread.

the figure seems high, but over 40rwkw happy? i dont know.. i havent experienced a stroker kit, nor played on a dyno, so im not one to really comment!

someones bound to break 200rwkws NA soon

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
just had a geez through that guy's thread on that other forum - i really doubt the dyno figure...wtf is a race-tronics dyno?? lol
also is it just me or does the power curve not even get over 250hp?? where are they getting 263hp from? to me the power curve peaks between 4500rpm and 5000rpm where it reaches about 240hp - which i still think is happy.
there's not alot of specs on the engine, but he's running a hydraulic roller cam, so it could never be big enough to push that sort of power - you'd need a solid roller cam and alot more work done to the engine than what there is, there's just no way a buick engine would make those numbers n/a.

mine was putting out like 155rwkw when it was n/a - which is about the norm, give or take for the ecotec stroker.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
You could make 200 rwkw on a V6 with a manual box behind it, but you would need to spin it to an insane amount of revs, 7500 or more. At which stage it would fall apart in pretty short time anyway. You would have to run a Formula holden spec cam at least and those things don't run very well at low rpms so it wouldn't be much of a car

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
i just wish yours sircruise pulled a bigger figure for all the work you'd done to it.. its too hard NA chasing high figures. but then again, if it was easy, everyone would be doin it..

i hear you foams, and i agree, anything that gets there, wouldnt be streetable

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
4.2 stroker with a raptor supercharger ftw :thumbsup:

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6