Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Not sure if I need to be concerned - SV6 sound

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
So I caught some audio of the issue I'm experiencing. I'm not convinces it's the difference between wagon and sedan interior noise as the exhaust note is completely different too. Also it's not consistent.
What exhaust is on the car, sounds like a rear muffler delete or aftermarket exhaust as a stock SV6 wagon doesn't sound like that.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
The drivers side cat in my VZ V6 sounded a bit like that, the cat was stuffed. Could hear the cat rattling when revving the engine with the vehicle stationary.

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
So I caught some audio of the issue I'm experiencing. I'm not convinces it's the difference between wagon and sedan interior noise as the exhaust note is completely different too. Also it's not consistent.

From about 20 sec onwards it's more noticeable on the acceleration

i'd say one of your cats is stuffed, one ve i had had no cat substrate in the cat at all other side was good, logged in the centre muffler

Squidfayce

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Wagon
i'd say one of your cats is stuffed, one ve i had had no cat substrate in the cat at all other side was good, logged in the centre muffler
expensive to fix or cause damage if i dont get it looked at?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
the cheapest option is to get a stock sv6 exhaust from a wrecker and that should stop that horrible sound.

Squidfayce

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Wagon
Im reasonably handy, changed oil, fluids and brakes myself. but never done exhaust. Is this something i can do in my garage with the rear lifted on some propper vehicle stands and some hand tools?