Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2016 Maloo HSV help needed from Germany

chevymirco

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Maloo HSV R8 stick shift
I know I might be wrong here but I need help.
I have a 2016 HSV Maloo R8 here in Germany. Probably the only one here at all.

I need to do an alignment but I do not know the numbers for the standard camber/caster alignment.

Where can I find it?

Thank you

Mirco

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Set the camber to 50 minutes right hand side and 1 deg left hand side with 1mm toe in. That's within factory specs. if you get inner edge wear back the cambers off 10 minuets each side and toe it in 1.5mm. That will still be in factory specs.

The rear is a little harder 1.5 deg to 1 deg cambers are about where you want to be I think from memory that's within specs 1.5 deg is 1 deg and 30 minutes. But these have solts on some of the pivot mounts. What I like to do is jack it up take the wheels off loosen all the slotted pivots and pull them out to max positive camber. Then you can the camber adjuster to bring the the rear cambers in to about 1 deg if you need more you can loosen the top pivot very slightly and twist the bolt so it wriggles it in a little to get a bit extra negative camber.
Rear toe is 0.5mm a side.

Front toe is a total and rear toe is a side by side figure the machine will give you individual front toe but that's just steering wheel position.

chevymirco

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Maloo HSV R8 stick shift
Wow, that was fast.
Thank you very very much.

Regards
Mirco

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Segue somewhat, which I don't feel guilty about because chevymirco has his answer ... :)

Alignment is the same left vs right, despite the existence of road camber?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Segue somewhat, which I don't feel guilty about because chevymirco has his answer ... :)

Alignment is the same left vs right, despite the existence of road camber?

That's why I added a 10 minute difference in camber. The castor should be about 1 deg higher on the left to compensate.
Which reminds me that in germany they drive on the other side of the road so the castors should be reversed same with the camber difference.
You can buy adjustable radius rods or holden sells shims for the radius rod mount.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited: