Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2016 SSV REDLINE VF - Price to sell

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Maybe try the real estate method. All offers over $60k considered.

VF2R

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 Ute/ 2016 VF2 SS-V Redline
What is piston slap?
It seems piston slap is a common issue with these motors...I must be bloody lucky. Zero slap in mine. Just a bit of 'header tick' with the new exhaust/extractors. Was super smooth and quiet prior to mods...hot..cold..whatever..

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
It seems piston slap is a common issue with these motors...I must be bloody lucky. Zero slap in mine. Just a bit of 'header tick' with the new exhaust/extractors. Was super smooth and quiet prior to mods...hot..cold..whatever..
Like all good things,… just wait :p:p:p

Seriously, it does sometimes happen that parts with their individual tolerances all line up in a perfect way so the total is greater than the sum of all the individual parts. Either that or consider yourself lucky you didn’t get a Friday or Monday built engine :cool:

VF2R

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 Ute/ 2016 VF2 SS-V Redline
Like all good things,… just wait :p:p:p
Arghh don't say that lol...the curse ;) its done 47k and so far so good.. Im pretty good at warming it up before driving and maintaining it so hopefully I'll get a good run from it. I like to think that I was just due for a good one..I've had my share of dud cars over the years.
When Todd Motors was assembling cars here the 'Friday cars ' were notorious... threaded bolts just stuck in with glue etc

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Yeah … I kinda/sorta kicked myself a little for buying an L77 car in June 2015 given the rumours … but the colour my better half wanted ceased after MY14 so there wasn’t really any point in waiting since we’d located the last new one in the eastern states that was the right colour.

Given our usage, and not really having a use for the extra 40 odd killerwasps, we may have done well getting an L77. As long as the DoD doesn’t assplode …
I tell myself it's the more responsible option with the outstanding fuel economy I can get on the Hume Highway. 6.5 l / 100 is my best. Can't do that with an LS3. *sniff*
(I bought mine in WA discounted since they couldn't shift it. But shoulda bought a discounted Redline as well from the local dealer in Sydney - they gutsed the prices cause they sat around). Truth is I couldn't afford it at the time plus it did seem like an extravagance.
But the standard exhaust is so friggin quiet. I wanna keep it stock.
My previous V8s had some growl with factory exhaust.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I tell myself it's the more responsible option with the outstanding fuel economy I can get on the Hume Highway. 6.5 l / 100 is my best. Can't do that with an LS3. *sniff*
What car are you getting 6.5lph? Crickies my L98 uses over twice that on the highway.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
What car are you getting 6.5lph? Crickies my L98 uses over twice that on the highway.
Ahem. That is the best recorded on the DIC. Drops to around 7 usually at the M5 tunnels going toward the airport. That is a long 80/100 kph stretch.
17 or so around town.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
After doing a Sydney - Goulburn- Canberra - Goulburn- Sydney run, mainly sitting in the left lane, I'm around 9L/100km on the hwy with cruise control set at 110kph

Supercharged and Cammed VX SS with a stalled 4l60e

The fuel range in the dash showed 720 km left when I refuelled at Costco Crossroads near home, which also worked out real close to my math based of 610 km of driving used 55 litres of 98

Disclaimer: it gets around 320km per tank around home, so around 20L/100km

Meh

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Well that makes sense, your L98 has twice the swept capacity on the highway! :)

/DoDPunsAreUs