Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2016 SSV REDLINE VF - Price to sell

di4bl0

Reaction score
Members Ride
HOLDEN COMMODORE REDLINE VF SSV
Hi Guys,

I have a 2016 SSV Redline VF in immaculate condition with 86k on the clock. I have had it professionally cammed/stall converter/4 into 1 exhaust/ceramic headers and the paint has recently had a ceramic coat. Just wondering what would be a fair price if I am wanting to sell? I have checked online but prices are all over the place, any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
Hi Guys,

I have a 2016 SSV Redline VF in immaculate condition with 86k on the clock. I have had it professionally cammed/stall converter/4 into 1 exhaust/ceramic headers and the paint has recently had a ceramic coat. Just wondering what would be a fair price if I am wanting to sell? I have checked online but prices are all over the place, any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Depends on how motivated you are to sell.

If you want to wait with no real intention to sell, stick $80k on it.

If you want to move it on, I'd start at $60k and see what bites you get.

My old boss just sold his 16 slipstream blue redline wagon for $60k.
No mods, with 65,000km.

I don't know the reason, but it seems people in the market for one of these want them in stock condition with no mods.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
It's fairly acceptable to make minor mods to these, it's not like a lot of other cars where a cam will hurt resale.
Note however that it won't add much value for a buyer either, so it's not worth any more than an immaculate 86k km stock Redline. The ceramic coating is similar, both will make your car more interesting for a buyer if there were two identical-otherwise cars for sale, but if you put your price higher than the other car most buyers would tend towards the other car.

I can't really help with a price, I think you'd need to be out actually buying one at the moment to know what you can & can't get away with, as you say it's really hard to tell from the online asks.
In fact it's so hard to tell these days that if it were me, I'd probably price it near the top of the range you see, and then check whether you get any nibbles; and be open to the idea that if nobody is interested but someone offers you 10% under then you probably won't get significantly more (not to say you should accept the half-price offers you'll undoubtedly get).

I don't know the reason, but it seems people in the market for one of these want them in stock condition with no mods.
People in the market for pretty much anything ever have always wanted them stock without mods, most people buying something "modded" would prefer to make their own choice of mods & under their own supervision.
BUT I also think people will accept minor tweaks and pay 'stock' money for it, on a V8 Commodore (just generally).

di4bl0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Depends on how motivated you are to sell.

If you want to wait with no real intention to sell, stick $80k on it.

If you want to move it on, I'd start at $60k and see what bites you get.

My old boss just sold his 16 slipstream blue redline wagon for $60k.
No mods, with 65,000km.

Thanks mate,

I think you are on the money there, people want them stock..

di4bl0

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's fairly acceptable to make minor mods to these, it's not like a lot of other cars where a cam will hurt resale.
Note however that it won't add much value for a buyer either, so it's not worth any more than an immaculate 86k km stock Redline. The ceramic coating is similar, both will make your car more interesting for a buyer if there were two identical-otherwise cars for sale, but if you put your price higher than the other car most buyers would tend towards the other car.

I can't really help with a price, I think you'd need to be out actually buying one at the moment to know what you can & can't get away with, as you say it's really hard to tell from the online asks.
In fact it's so hard to tell these days that if it were me, I'd probably price it near the top of the range you see, and then check whether you get any nibbles; and be open to the idea that if nobody is interested but someone offers you 10% under then you probably won't get significantly more (not to say you should accept the half-price offers you'll undoubtedly get).

People in the market for pretty much anything ever have always wanted them stock without mods, most people buying something "modded" would prefer to make their own choice of mods & under their own supervision.
Thanks mate,

Appreciate the reply, wish i never did the small mods to it. Seem's like it may be a hard one to sell unless im willing to take a real low offer which i'm not..

VF2R

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 Ute/ 2016 VF2 SS-V Redline
Thanks mate,

Appreciate the reply, wish i never did the small mods to it. Seem's like it may be a hard one to sell unless im willing to take a real low offer which i'm not..
Do you still have the factory parts? If so maybe just return it to stck to sell it..

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
Thanks mate,

I make modifications to my car because I want them done. N.F's given for what the next owner wants.

Don't be upset you modified it to how YOU wanted it.
The right buyer will come along who wants those mods already done, without having to spend $10k to get them.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I suspect that modifications ring alarm bells with some buyers. The SS is a pretty powerful car in stock form, so when an owner wants even more power (from engine mods) it begs the question about just how hard (and how frequently) the car has been driven hard to want even more power. Ironically, even buyers who are in to mods usually want a stock base to work with.

IMHO mods are something you do for your own fun and enjoyment as the the money spent won’t usually add any value to the car, and may actually reduce its appeal on the secondhand market.

The value as always depends upon what the buyer is prepared to pay, but it’s probably fair to say that the size of the potential buyer pool is reduced for a modified car.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
If you have normal to no piston slap, I'd be saying so in your description. Maybe "you've heard the rest, now drive the best, first to hear will buy!". Once the punter does some googling, you'll have them hooked.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I make modifications to my car because I want them done. N.F's given for what the next owner wants.

Don't be upset you modified it to how YOU wanted it.
The right buyer will come along who wants those mods already done, without having to spend $10k to get them.
The right buyer will come along but the price might suffer a little bit because of the mods. Having said that the OPs car has 86k kms on it so it’s unlikely to be on the mint collectors hit list anyway.

If it was a low mileage example with mods on it I’d say get it back to bone stock to maximise the sale price to a collector. As it stands though it would probably cost more in time and effort to remove the mods than you would make in extra money selling the car.