Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

241Kw V6 Camaro

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
if you look at most people driving commodores expecially VE's they dont really have that much of an idea about cars... they get told it has more power and so it has more power and will therefore beat an older v8 which has slightly less kw's

its always going to be a case of what your selling versus what you can say your selling

Head on over to LS1.com.au and tell all them blokes they have no idea.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Its still a v6 at the end of the day.I would rather driver my 6 liter v8 (l98) than a 6 banger any day of the week,but thats just me and you can call me ignorant.

And you'll be beaten by most I6Ts :p

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
And you'll be beaten by most I6Ts :p

Maybe for the time been away,I have some :idea3: for l98 that are just around the the corner so we will see then :yeah:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Head on over to LS1.com.au and tell all them blokes they have no idea.

Most VE owners are on LS1 forums? Those forums have what 3500 members? Hmmm, figures not adding up...the sentiment in hakzaw's post is correct, the majority of car owners usually have no idea. How do you think dealer service centres are always so busy?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Think about the way local manufacturers are heading with their cars and ask why?

Holden's latest Cruze performance model has a turbo'd 1.4 litre, whereas the standard model has a 1.8. The sports model has greatly improved driveability, performance and economy. Holden reduced the capacity of the Alloytech to 3.0 litres, but increased the power and the economy. Whether you like it or not, that word "economy" has a great bearing on the direction that car development will continue to take in the future. Even the larger V8's are being developed with increased power AND economy. Because that's what the majority of motorists want and expect in new cars. The days of huge grunt with no compensatory fuel consumption reduction is dying out. You won't get an Alloytech 4 litre because there is no demand for it. If GM is screwing over 240 kw from the Alloytech, you have to wonder about the engine's low speed tractability and driveability. Driving conditions in the States probably suit such an engine because there are situations where such an engine is practical, whereas our lower speed limits and poorer road conditions, and smaller market, reduce the need or justification for such an engine. And from some of you have said, who'd want a killer V6 when a V8 does the job better for your?

1TUFVS

High Ambitions, Low Funds
Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VS Acclaim
And from some of you have said, who'd want a killer V6 when a V8 does the job better for your?

Because not everyone can drive a V8.