Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

247kw? expected or what??

yorky

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
sorry to waist ya time on a goose chase...
manual,
and yep 247 at the wheels... I'll get a pick of the Dyno print out and post it up
cheers

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
Thanks mate all good,im still going with a bit low that figure,based on mine and some ive seen on here but who really knows...will be interested to see your dyno sheet.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
200rwkw or a bit less is normal for a stocker 6.0

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Our 06 SS L98 manual made 221rwkw with just a SS groweler kit.

I would have thought a manual with cold air, 4-1 headers, 3 inch n tune would gain more then 247rwkw but with that said a LS3 with the same mods will make around 260-270rwkw

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
On the money, maybe 5kW off all rpm lean peak tune but as mentioned that doesn't mean it is less quick, likely more torque and realistic AFR to suit the headers.
Can give you a much better analysis with dyno print of kW / Nm / AFR.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Hi,
firstly hello to everyone, as i'm new here.
...I scored a veII 6.0lt ssv-z wagon.
and put
3" twin X-force exhaust with no middle mufflers
Bullet 100cell high flow catts
Pace maker headers
SS growler OTR
and computer remap.

feels great, the crew at the work shop said they were happy with the power gain (but as if they would say otherwise)

6.0lt came out with 247kw at fly.

What ya reckon? about right or ???

Too many differences with dyno brands, auto/manual, tyres, strapped un strapped, fuel used temp of day mafless or maf etc etc.

What was the stock reading??? Don't worry about the final number its the gain made you want. So many VE V8's done know the results are pretty similar

dynoute001.jpg

I went from 224 to 257 with a tune, the 224 was with headers cats and 3" system added power was otr and mafless tune.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Dyno figures are all wank. See what mph it runs at the track. That will tell you what power it's really making.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Too many differences with dyno brands, auto/manual, tyres, strapped un strapped, fuel used temp of day mafless or maf etc etc.

What was the stock reading??? Don't worry about the final number its the gain made you want. So many VE V8's done know the results are pretty similar

dynoute001.jpg

I went from 224 to 257 with a tune, the 224 was with headers cats and 3" system added power was otr and mafless tune.

OP the chart is important as opposed to final number, for example the one above winds up to slightly more than yours but it is running 4.11 diff gears, which suits the lighter ute.
That motor also makes 460Nm which is close to stock, but reaches that peak at 5100rpm, almost at stock redline.
Above tune likely wouldn't suit your needs in a heavier wagon, depends if you are happy to sacrifice typical driving 1500-3000 for revving past 5000.