Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Sorry to bombard you with questions mate, but i see kits that have 2 degrees of adjustment, others that have 1, and some that have 3. What’s the difference? Is 1 better than 3, or is it the other way round

Depends how low you're going....Going 2" lower than standard, 2 degrees should be plenty..

IMA 2" lower than standard is plenty to say legal

ConnorJames05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
Depends how low you're going....Going 2" lower than standard, 2 degrees should be plenty..

IMA 2" lower than standard is plenty to say legal
Yeah I’ve got a set of sl’s to put on. Anything lower is too dropped for me. So I think I should be fine

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I'm around FE2 height, 360mm centre of hub to guard, with my VX series 2 and the adjustable camber bushes ,the best I could get was -0.5 camber, I really wanted to get 0.0 with 0 toe in the rear to get the most tyre on the strip

But, -0.5, whilst not as flat as I wanted for the strip, works great on the street with a 200 tw tyre, and my rear tyre wear is nice and even across the whole tyre, no noticeable inside wear, and not rolling over on the outside

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
The best way to go without buying a whole subframe, is to get off set outer bushes.
Then for the inner pivot you get the adjustable bush.
The issue with the bushes is that not many people know how to align them.

But if you do get a subframe with toe adjusters, you can add off set bushes to the outher pivot.
This way when you take it for a wheel alignment all the numpty that does has to do is adjust the toe arms.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The best way to go without buying a whole subframe, is to get off set outer bushes.
Then for the inner pivot you get the adjustable bush.
The issue with the bushes is that not many people know how to align them.

But if you do get a subframe with toe adjusters, you can add off set bushes to the outher pivot.
This way when you take it for a wheel alignment all the numpty that does has to do is adjust the toe arms.

So by putting an adjustable bush in a subframe that has toe adjusters, you just adjust the toe and cross your fingers the camber is correct....

Sounds like you are that numpty.... :rolleyes:

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
So by putting an adjustable bush in a subframe that has toe adjusters, you just adjust the toe and cross your fingers the camber is correct....

Sounds like you are that numpty.... :rolleyes:

Nope, you offset the camber as much as possible, then you fine tune the toe.
On those rear ends you can't chase camber figures because you'll never win, sort of like chasing a pull issue on a ACV40 camry.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Nope, you offset the camber as much as possible, then you fine tune the toe.
On those rear ends you can't chase camber figures because you'll never win, sort of like chasing a pull issue on a ACV40 camry.

We place a 4 point kit in so we can adjust both camber and toe.

Then it is suggested replacing the rear subframe so we have a toe adjustment...This then means you only need 1 kit to adjust the camber...

From that you then say to put in offset outer bushes and an adjustable inner bush

So in effect you are saying, we have 2 toe adjustment points now....1 from the adjustable bush and 1 from the factory toe adjuster....That's because the offset bush you are suggesting is already got the camber done

As I said, you're the numpty.

Oh and to finalise it, you can get camber pretty spot on (providing the car isn't on it's belly) and still get the toe spot on too, with either a 4 point kit or 2 point kit with the factory toe adjusters...

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
We place a 4 point kit in so we can adjust both camber and toe.

Then it is suggested replacing the rear subframe so we have a toe adjustment...This then means you only need 1 kit to adjust the camber...

From that you then say to put in offset outer bushes and an adjustable inner bush

So in effect you are saying, we have 2 toe adjustment points now....1 from the adjustable bush and 1 from the factory toe adjuster....That's because the offset bush you are suggesting is already got the camber done

As I said, you're the numpty.

Oh and to finalise it, you can get camber pretty spot on (providing the car isn't on it's belly) and still get the toe spot on too, with either a 4 point kit or 2 point kit with the factory toe adjusters...

Ive heard all this from you like 5 times over.
I've done over 200 commodore camber kit setups.
I've also fixed like 100.
If you get good results do it your way.
But don't knock my way because I learnt off a guy much older than me.
Unfortunately he died of brain cancer last year so I'll never get to have a beer with him again, but he was renowned as one of Canberra's best suspension gurus.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Ive heard all this from you like 5 times over.
I've done over 200 commodore camber kit setups.
I've also fixed like 100.
If you get good results do it your way.
But don't knock my way because I learnt off a guy much older than me.
Unfortunately he died of brain cancer last year so I'll never get to have a beer with him again, but he was renowned as one of Canberra's best suspension gurus.

Good on you doing so many and fixing so many....

My point still stands...Your way has 2 toe adjustments, which is pointless

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Good on you doing so many and fixing so many....

My point still stands...Your way has 2 toe adjustments, which is pointless
No it doesn't. Your point does not stand, I've explained why, but if I explain it to you again you will repeat what you just said because you know you're wrong.
You will just repeat what you said because you're a troll.
You're like an idiot that wears a black mask out in public.
Insidious trolling is your specialty.
I'm not taking your crap and will return serve to your looser arse.

When you add an offset bush you line it up with the top giving you maximum positive camber, you can't surpass this so any argument that fine turning is irrelevant because you can't hit the goal regardless.

You either don't know what you're talking about which I find not to be the case. Or you're purposely distorting what I have said and spewing your insidious crap out on purpose to get a response.

I'm taking option two, if I met you in person I think you might need a gig on that nip and tuck show because your nose would be different.

Some people might say you're a narcissist, but they're wrong.
You sir are a pathetic sociopath.
And I know how to deal with people like you, that is to expose them.