Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5 Ltr or 5.7Ltr?

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
I'd go the LS1, for the cost difference in cars of around 2-3k, you could spend another 6k on cam/tune/zorst and be running better times then a blown 5.0

Or just spend $1000 on a mafless another $1250 on pacies and cheap catback and be looking at high 12's.

Also, I would assume it would be a lot more reliable and 'streetable' than a blown 5L.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Gen 3 all the way!

I may be a little biased coz I drove one for a couple years.

110,000ks later and still going stronger than ever!

Completely stock and plenty of power!

I say the gen 3

DanoSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Ive got a Vy ss myself and it has plenty of power and torque that you want. Admittedly the 5.0L sounds better but your not going to buy a car just for the sound of it because you will get over it eventually. My mate has a VT 5.0L and driving that compared to my car there is a huge difference.
Go the Gen 3 mate

Just_Ice

Reaction score
where do you live mate... If you are in WA then you can't go past this..

For sale: VT SS series 2
Year: 1999
Kilometres: 65 000
Extra Info: Pedders lowered springs and shocks, vx series 2 rear suspension setup(extra toe links to fix that rear tire wear), , rebuilt gearbox including stage 2 shift kit, servos and other custom work, 3.73 diff gears, MAFLESS tune, starr 84mm TB, LS6 manifold, new fuel pump, new discs and pads, monaro dash facia, hsv r8 exhaust system
Condition: imaculate interior, very good exterior
Price: 13000

Its all done for you and at a great price... Not my car but I can get you in contact with the owner if need be.

dollerooni

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 308 and VY II 25th Anniversary
Yeah i live in Perth, sounds like a good buy, just need to sort out finance first mind.

Just_Ice

Reaction score
well this car needs to be sold in 3 weeks..... Owner going overseas.... Its a great car.. let me know if you want more details

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
Ive got a Vy ss myself and it has plenty of power and torque that you want. Admittedly the 5.0L sounds better but your not going to buy a car just for the sound of it because you will get over it eventually. My mate has a VT 5.0L and driving that compared to my car there is a huge difference.
Go the Gen 3 mate

hmm, that still depends if you have a daihatsu charade or a VY SS they both can only still go 110k ( legally or faster on a track ) and the 5.0L has plenty of muscle to get you there:thumbsup:

Dezza

your local HSV dealer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
how many 12 sec 5lts are there ????? without spending a ****load of mony i mean comeon gen3 all the way