Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5L no oil up top

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Has the sump got a dent in it? could be hard up against the pickup. Could also be sludge someone may have kero flushed the engine.

With oil yea thicker oil will make pressure faster and generally have more pressure. But it will be harder to suck so you need a clear pickup.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
hey guys i found the problem! the pin has dropped out of cam gear drive shaft. so at idle its grabbing just enough to maintain some pressure and then when you rev it slips and so pressure falls. whats involved in fixing this? im thinking timing cover off but hopefully not chain and cam out etc
Yea that's why I said you need to check that first. Glad you found the issue.
You will need to pull timing cover and I think you have to take the cam sproket off. Then the shaft and gear will be there repco and bursons sell little roll pin kits just hammer a new one in.

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
Yea that's why I said you need to check that first. Glad you found the issue.
You will need to pull timing cover and I think you have to take the cam sproket off. Then the shaft and gear will be there repco and bursons sell little roll pin kits just hammer a new one in.

so in terms of parts should I buy a timing cover gasket kit and those roll pin assortment or just buy a single correct pin and use some snot
thanks for your help

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
probably worth doing a crank seal too. the front sump to timing cover seal is actually sitting right the way out so at least I can cover off on that now too

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Crank seal should come in the TC kit.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
How can you tell if pin came out?