Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

95 VS V8 running rough & very sluggish, help!!!

Salan95VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS V8 Ute
Yeah I mean the 424 pcm would work, but would probably stall easily unless you screwed the throttle stop in a bit more to hold the butterfly open. But it's just not the right way to do it.

Better off getting the right one.
Yeah that’s exactly right there’s no point stuffing around with something that just isn’t right for it.
Holy **** that one on eBay is pricey:(

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
service no. 16206305 is what you're looking for.

Is this problem happening constantly, or does it come and go? Does the engine make any bad sounds? Possible wiped cam lobe, damaged seat/burnt valve?

Most people generally overlook mechanical problems on modern cars and look straight at the computers and sensors

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon

Salan95VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS V8 Ute
Just pulled the cap off my dizzy to check it out also & the chopper disk is covered completely in rust & there’s a light carbon burn mark on top of the rotor button. So I think this must be my issue for sure. I’ve got a spare that’s in A1 condition so I’m going to put that in tomorrow & see how it goes after that. :)

Salan95VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS V8 Ute
Hey everyone so sorry I haven’t replied for a bit so I put the new dizzy in & timed it at 12 degrees advanced on the dot, drive it back into town running like a charm & turned it off then started it up after being at the shops & it’s back to the same crap again. Idling like crap & stinks of raw fuel, shaking the whole Ute like it’s calmed as hell & shaking the **** out of everything when I let the clutch out. :(