Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A Basic Backyarders Guide to Spraypainting.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
The gold picking up the sun a little..

attachment.php

gradz

Land Yacht Lover
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange (Daily)
Yeah I think the colours work well. Going to have a gold vinyl stripe over the paint line, 4mm wide. Its a metallic gold leaf type of gold, and clear over the vinyl to lock it down permanently.

The wheels, hubcaps and tyres (70-90% Bridgestone Turenza) I picked up for 200 bucks on fleabay, 20 minutes drive away :) .. They have lions on the centre so definitely holden, he said they were from a VZ. Wheels and caps are completely unmarked, like straight out of the box... Since I needed at least 3 tyres for RWC and the original wheels didnt look great anyway, this was the perfect solution.

attachment.php

A nice set of 20 inch chromies would look even better and I know just where you can get a set!!Lol.:yeah:

She's looking really trick, Dax, you won't want to sell it if you keep this up.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
It would make a good project car for some old fart who is silly enough to be bored with an AC Cobra.. you could stick a 2JZ in it and surprise a few people ;) and you would have a car to put the chromies onto. No, forget that, they wouldnt suit it at all...

I'll be wanting to sell it alright lol, I need to get back to finishing the beasty.

Last edited:

gradz

Land Yacht Lover
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange (Daily)
Fair go Mate - between the Cobra and the Land Yacht, I've got a full time job.........But a 2JZ-GTE would raise some eyebrows:rolleyes: - Nah, it's not a V8, so won't work in my garage.

Chromies are becoming black and chromies next week. Should make the Yacht less gay. I'm gunna take the "renovator" (which I got for my birthday) to the rust spots!!:boxing:. I should do a "how to", but there are already a million "how to paint your wheels" tutorials on the web.

You never know, when the rust is gone they may fetch a good price to pay for a set of originals.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Thanks :) Sometimes its just the little things that make the difference. That gold stripe is just perfect. I plan to put a prismatic flake over the whole thing if it ever stops raining, but sometimes I look at it and think hmm maybe I should just clear it, it looks pretty clean.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
When I first saw the chop, I thought Nup.

But now I'm intrigued and keen to see the finished product with bars on.

bricat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Calais 5.7 A4
Thanks for taking the time to post. Now I know why my painter wants so much to paint the L/cruiser. Its the bloody time it takes to rub rub rub 3 men in a tub....wax on wax off......etc etc.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
OK so I am finally getting too pissed off at the 1.4mm tip and the extra work it creates. 1.4 is good for 2K, Acrylic really needs a 1.8 tip. Its less than half a mm but it makes a huge difference lol..

I am wanting to buy something decent this time, which I can have the option of buying different tips for too if desired. I still hate spending money though, so I'm looking at these, for the price they sound great.

Fleabay - DeVILBISS Startingline HVLP spray gun kit

A bit worried about the 'by DeVILLBISS' .. its like saying 'this product is not good enough to have the usual brand name' :D (Like Cortina by Lotus) but its a 'Startingline by DeVILLBISS' Pack with 2 guns, 1.3, 1.5 and 1.8 tips, and a regulator, case, and cleaning stuff.

Anyone had anything to do with these? OK they come from America, but at under $200 shipped they seem like a good deal for what should be good guns?