Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS module replaced, but still no abs and trac cntrl. cruise control is ok

twents

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF evoke LPG
Thanks RiCeY

thats exactly what i thought, i might contact the ebay seller and see if he may know what/if hes done wrong.
i also heard that if you open the unit up all that needs doing is soldering the pins back together inside, i am pretty good with electronic stuff and have fixed many fiddly things myself that normally you would have to just buy a new one.
maybe ill pry it open and have a look myself.
cheers sam

thanks for the replies

ABS module is plug and play, all the lights should have gone out with the new one fitted.

I suspect you've received a faulty unit.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Make sure you got the right module. There are a few different part numbers, and you have to match them up, they look something like this, 0 273 004 486, last few digits are different I think.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Ring Holden parts with your VIN number and ask for price on ABS module, then ask for part number. Compare to the one you aquired from ebay.

twents

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF evoke LPG
Make sure you got the right module. There are a few different part numbers, and you have to match them up, they look something like this, 0 273 004 486, last few digits are different I think.

Ring Holden parts with your VIN number and ask for price on ABS module, then ask for part number. Compare to the one you aquired from ebay.

yeah the guy on ebay actually repaired my module, i can tell because i remember putting a small scratch on one side to remember it. and i can see the hot melt glue he used to re-seal the plastic back off it when he repaired it.
cheers sam

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Sneaky... what he charge for that?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Because its the same module it may need to have the codes cleared to operate normally again.

twents

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF evoke LPG
Sneaky... what he charge for that?

he charged $150, and he is a trusted seller, he has repaired plenty of abs modules succesfully and also gives a 1 year warranty. im still waiting on a reply from him, i think he went away for christmas.
cheers

MonsterMutt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1 3.8 Litre
ABS module is plug and play, all the lights should have gone out with the new one fitted.

I suspect you've received a faulty unit.

I hear ya...... :). Just got a new one installed yesterday on my VX! Light come back on this morning when I left for work! :(

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Could be a faulty wheel speed sensor.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Any updates on this?
Monstermutt (above) saying he/she replaced faulty unit with a new one and error dash light came on next day?

What happened later to sort that out?