Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS module replaced, but still no abs and trac cntrl. cruise control is ok

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
faulty, incorrect unit OR a combination of faults not just the module is my guess.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
I just bought an ABS module which is still connected to the pump. It came out of a car that didn't show any dash error warnings.

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Hey i had the common fault with the vt's and abs modules where the lights on the dash would come on and the car would stall etc. abs, trac control and cruise control would not work.
I have since replaced the faulty module with a changeover one from ebay and have installed it today, but the abs and trac cntrl lights are still on but the cruise cntrl now works, so half the problem is fixed.
I took it for a drive and was still able to lock it up and spin the wheels so its not just a bulb problem. the cruise control works fine.
Is there something i should have done like reset the computer or pull out a fuse and put it back in?

the whole thing was working fine before the module stuffed up originally.

cheers Sam
I just recently replaced the abs hubs on mine. I disconnected the abs hub plug without the battery disconnected, the reconnected it. This caused the tracc control and abs to disable, when l tested it just the low tracc on the dash strobes when wheel spin is sensed. So l disconnected the battery +&- for some time. Reconnected it, tested and abs, tracc control also throttle relaxed activated. It can also be reset/disabled on a tech 2, not a ebay job.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
If your ABS light is on then I suggest that you display your ABS error codes before you take any further action (from the Holden VT/VX Service Manual):

To enable the ABS warning lamp to flash system DTCs, the vehicle must be stopped (vehicle speed is less than 10 km/h), terminal 12 of the DLC
earthed (DLC terminal 5) using a test lead fitted with suitable terminals and then the ignition turned on. The flash code diagnostics will remain enabled
as long as terminal 12 is earthed, serial data line communication has not been initiated or until any wheel speed is greater than 10 km/h.
Approximately 3 seconds after earthing terminal 12 (ignition on) of the DLC, the ABS or ABS/ETC control module will begin flashing the ABS warning
lamp. The flash sequence will begin with DTC 12 to signal the beginning of the flash code display. DTC 12 will flash three times. Each stored code will then be displayed three times. After all codes have been displayed, the sequence will repeat, starting with DTC 12.
The chart below sets out all the possible diagnostic trouble codes.

NOTE:
Flash code diagnosis is not fully supported on certain trouble codes involving the solenoid valves or motor due to the valve relay inside the control
unit being disabled. Trouble codes 41, 42, 45, 46, 47, 48, 55, 56, 61 and 63 will prevent the ABS warning lamp from turning off. These faults can
only be read through the DLC using TECH 2.

upload_2017-10-6_17-19-58.png

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Reading error codes that way?
Can the ebay cable display actual discriptive words in an app?

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Reading error codes that way?
Can the ebay cable display actual discriptive words in an app?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Some of the cables only report on engine/trans codes - same as you would get if you bridged terminals 5 and 6.