Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

abs/traction control fault

weeman1020

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden ss Ve sportswagon z series
Hi guys im just having a bit of trouble at the moment with my 2012 SS sports wagon ( still under warranty) . last 2 months or so I've had the Traction control fault and ABS fault lights come on randomly while driving and also the handbrake light which proceeded to do it till i eventually turn the car off , even sitting in the car while in park it happens . I've taken it back to Holden which i left it for a good 8 hours which they told me they had fixed a sensor in the car (not sure where) and sent me on my way. A few days later after filling my car up when i went to reverse my reversing camera would stay on while i was driving and the radio wasn't working at all , and a few moments later the abs/Tc fault/handbrake lights came flashing and making noise every 5 seconds . I took it back to Holden after work on Tuesday and they said they couldn't give me a loan car on such short notice so they would only work on it for maybe 1hour 40m max before they shut. They said they tried looking at the fault that they looked for last time and they said hopefully it doesnt happen again after handing my keys back , and 3 days later im having the same issues again and after another long phone call im having to drop my car back again next friday to have them fuss around it again all day. Has anyone else had similar problems like this ??

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
sounds like the rear loom is playing up, common issue for abs/tc, radio could be the fascia panel poor connection, ,

weeman1020

Reaction score
Members Ride
So I dropped the car off today at 8am told them what was wrong ect. Get a phone call at 3:20 saying that they tried doing a software update on the head unit and have fried the entire unit... So no radio/bluetooth or even aircon, they said that this sometimes happens and didn't bother to check with me prior to doing it. They then said that they are struggling to find a replacement head unit and they won't be able to do anything till the reopen next Wednesday even then they said they will struggle to find the parts or at best a refurbished one . I then asked them if they fixed the original problem and they said that they hadn't even started working on it because the update would take a few hours, but they did say that there going to try unplug the car battery for a few days to see if it by chances resets everything (they said 1/10 chance) or if I felt comfortable to do it my self which I told them like hell I would they stuffed its their problem. To my shock they actually gave me a loan car considering they said they had absolutely none til the 4th next year... So has anyone else had this sort of **** happen to them, the whole reason on buying a new car is not having to deal with hassles like this. Just getting fed up.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Get a phone call at 3:20 saying that they tried doing a software update on the head unit and have fried the entire unit... So no radio/bluetooth or even aircon, they said that this sometimes happens and didn't bother to check with me prior to doing it.

That is a known problem. Its a problem with the 'serial comms' module, which routes Canbus data to the entertainment module and HVAC unit.

Mine failed 2 months before the end of warranty, my local dealer replaced it the next day.

Your dealer shouldn't have any problems sourcing a replacement.

Is it still the original battery?

weeman1020

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nah mate, I replaced it about 6 months ago when they told me to