Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AC/Heater mode dial not working?

RawBill

Reaction score
Website
raw-pleasure.com.au
Members Ride
VT Wagon
Hi guys, I have had my VT Wagon for about a month and so far everything has been good until now. I just took it away for the weekend 3 hours drive away from home.

Everything was fine on the way and I did not use the car for the two days until I hopped in to go home. It was a really hot day and I was looking forward to a nice cool drive home. But when I got 100 metres down the road I realised that the air con was not pumping at my face like I wanted it to.

I noticed that the air was blowing up onto the screen even though the dial said it was pointed at me. None of the other dial settings work either. It just stays blowing up onto the screen.

The air was cool but not cold and it did cool the car down, it just took longer. Nothing changes when I turn the air con off or turn the other dial around to heat. Have checked for fuses and relays, but nothing seems like it could be the problem. I checked online, but could find nothing about it and ended up here! :beer chug:

Anyone out there have some idea about this problem?

Thanks...Bill

paulsautoelec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute
the dial is vaccum operated. where the valve clips onto the rod connected to the dial one of its legs snap off. this creates a vaccum leak. the parts an only about 15 dollars from holden bit you have to pull the console apart to get to it.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Also check that there is a thin vacuum hose connected at the rear of the intake manifold.

RawBill

Reaction score
Website
raw-pleasure.com.au
Members Ride
VT Wagon
WooHoo! Fixed, the vacuum hose had come off at the back of the intake manifold just like you said! I cannot believe that I did not think of it being a vacuum problem. Thanks again. :)

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Thread dig i know, is there any pictures of exactly where the vacuum hose is at the back of the manifold?