Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice on what to do

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
Are you directing this at me or the original poster?

no not you, just a comment to people who bag holden all the time,they make good cars its just the dealers that let them down

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
i cannot speak highly of my holden dealer, its not the closest holden dealer by home about 40 mins away, but every warranty issue i had was sorted out with a respectful and courteous service manager. The major warranty issue was a problem with the esp turning off a start up, sure they didnt fix it the first time but i was told at the start it was trial and error in tracing the fault but was fixed on the second(ended up being a dodgy bcm).Finding a good car dealer/tradesperson/any business is getting harder these days, so stop bagging holden if you dont like the service your dealer gives you,be pro active go find someone that gives you the service you pay for.

I assume you meant "cannot speak highly enough" ??

OP Stand your ground, ring anyone you can if they won't come to the party - consumer affairs etc. Hell even today tonight loves this stuff, Holden would rather shut things up than let TT run with it.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Holden have been useless, they either can find the fault or say they have fixed it, but ill be half way home from the dealer and it happens again

Have a chat to the service manager and calm + politely explain the situation to him and that it is the 2nd/3rd/whatever crack they have had to fix the problem. Explain that he needs to take ownership of the dramas and ensure they are fixed properly.

Im taking mine in for the 30,000kms service in a couple of weeks now. I as much as i want them to fix everything, i cant afford to be without my car for more than a day.

Ask for a courtesy car. If they try to charge you for it, explain the above and dig your heals in. I have got several over the years using this technique.

Cheers mate, unfortunately my age plays a big part into the way people assume i drive the car. Ill admit that iv given it the beans a few times, But i dont beleive its been over 4000rpm more than 10 times. I bought the car off a guy worked at the dealership, so weather that helps me or not. Things like the carpet i don really care about, but when i spend so much time behind the wheel i want my clutch working and my cd player

Are you using bought cd's or burned ones???

Reaper

MickVE

Red... It goes faster!
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 MY10 SS
Classified im in a similar situation as you im 22 and almost everytime I goto the dealer to report a problem no matter how big or small it is they pretty much disregard it as abnormal wear and tear.
So to solve the problem I just took the car to another local dealer and explained that the car had been back to the dealer I bought the car from and I was dissatisfied with how I was treated, and they were more than happy to help.
Last 2 times my car has been to them, once for service and 2nd to fix an issue they have thrown me the keys to a loan car, free of charge and no petrol cost. So like others have said, if you not happy just take it somewhere else.

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
Ask for a courtesy car. If they try to charge you for it, explain the above and dig your heals in. I have got several over the years using this technique.

I tried this with my dealer when they asked if they could have it a few days. They told me could rent one to me at a 'competitive rate' at which point I reminded them how much I paid for the car (faulty one at that) and why should I be out of pocket.

Told them I wanted a day car for free due to the nature of my hours and working conditions. They said 'sorry... no can do'.

That was really the only dissatisfied part of the service. Didn't pay for the rental car either or I would've been working for free that day. Easier to sit at home masturbating over Kevin Rudd's $900 'stimulation' package. BTW where is my $900???? :yeah:

GoodKarma

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEII SSVZ wagon & 2009 Cruze diesel turbo
If you use the car for earning your living, tell them your are going to invoice them for your day's wage as part of the warranty claim for not having the car. That's how I got a "loaner" from the dealer.

It is THEIR fault that you have to give them the car for analysis/rectification, not yours! They should supply the loaner car FREE of charge, not PROFIT from a faulty product. I wonder if they are licenced as a car hire business anyway? Maybe they are doing something that is actually illegal!;):yeah::yeah:

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
I've managed to get a loan car everytime I have been booked in for a scheduled service over 1-2 weeks in advance.

For on the spot problems (of which I've been back 16 times) there are almost never courtesy cars available.

One time HSV actually rented an AVIS calais for me! (funny thing is: the aircon didn't work ;)

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
and the car ran like **** tommo..

Dont worry guys, i think the problem is sold. Just got offered a great trade in... watch this space

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
I'm sorry to learn of it, soccermum ;)