Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

After-market Bi-Modal exhaust options

vk2him

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Does the Harrop have any AFM drone?

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Does the Harrop have any AFM drone?

Pretty much everything will have some level of AFM drone. You're effectively running a 4cyl on twin 3" pipes and I don't know any 4cyl with huge pipes that sounds good.

Romyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Soon to be Blown VF Redline
I have the full Harrop 2.5 in system with headers and love the sound, nice and deep on low revs and is not to loud but stand on it and it's loud as f&@k

Why?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Harrop enhanced VF Redline Manual

sakatumi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Sportswagon
I have the full Harrop 2.5 in system with headers and love the sound, nice and deep on low revs and is not to loud but stand on it and it's loud as f&@k

I'm getting it installed at harrop this Friday. They recommend getting the AFM disabled, did you get yours disabled? I'm unsure if I should or not. I'm leaning towards getting it disabled. Thanks for the description, kind of what sound I hoping for, I'm just getting cat-back

My car is a manual

Thanks for your YouTube video too. It's what made me like the Harrop exhaust. Sounds really good.
Edit: just saw your post on last page. Thanks for the offer. Already booked in to get it, I'm sure I will not be disappointed with the sound. Will probably see you on the road, I'm in Moonee Ponds.

Last edited:

Why?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Harrop enhanced VF Redline Manual
I'm getting it installed at harrop this Friday. They recommend getting the AFM disabled, did you get yours disabled? I'm unsure if I should or not. I'm leaning towards getting it disabled. Thanks for the description, kind of what sound I hoping for, I'm just getting cat-back

Thanks for your YouTube video too. It's what made me like the Harrop exhaust. Sounds really good.
Edit: just saw your post on last page. Thanks for the offer. Already booked in to get it, I'm sure I will not be disappointed with the sound. Will probably see you on the road, I'm in Moonee Ponds.

Moonee Ponds, I'm not even 400m from Moonee Ponds, Just the other side of the freeway. Staying away today though with the Cox Plate on.

sakatumi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Moonee Ponds, I'm not even 400m from Moonee Ponds, Just the other side of the freeway. Staying away today though with the Cox Plate on.

Ha! Surprised I haven't already seen your car around, always driving across the bridge to Brunswick, will keep an eye out for red a Harrop tuned SS.
Yeah, been walking everywhere today to avoid. Lot of drunks going to be out tonight.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Go stainless

Why?

When I had the E3 Senator I fitted a Pacemaker mild steel 2 1/2" cat back system keeping the OE bi-modal cans. As everybody who ever heard it in person will attest- it sounded great with stealth mode at the flick of a touch screen switch. With a SSV, I'd also add some extractors over the OE exhaust manifold. Add a quality OTR (not sure what the go is these days brand wise) and a tune (No reason to go mafless unless you get a big enough cam that the maf won't work) and you will have well mannered car which has some great poke when the mrs isn't around :p

sakatumi

Reaction score
Members Ride
How did they end up and how do they sound? How much did you pay? Thanks

Ended up paying $2200, they did a good job and took their time and care to get it on. The sound is good. Sounds like a V8 now, I haven't heard it from the outside. Will get a mate to drive it for me when I get the chance.

Sounds like thunder when you start it up, then calms down once everything is up to temp. At times sounds almost like stock when cruising , however there is a little bit of drone when the car is in a high gear and the revs are low and it is about to down gear (auto). Being a wagon there can be some resonance that lingers but it's definitely not too loud for a daily. I have had the AFM disabled as well, so can't say if 4 cylinder mode would drone but I would assume yes.

Also it has gotten a bit more punch, gave it a bit of throttle like I normally would, but immediately copped some stink eye from my partner. Pushed her back in the seat a lot more than expected. I noticed it too but figured it was just the sound making it seem like it gained more power.

Last edited: